As a Digital Services Engineer for our company, you will be responsible for design and implementation of RESTful services across domestic and international mobile and web applications. Develop a transition strategy from legacy monolithic service implementation to a micro service enabled delivery for the organization including technology, development, deployment, security, and operational support practices. Provide guidance to the delivery organizations and mentor API developers while supporting teams portfolio and business commitments.
- Participate in and drive technical decisions around application and integration service delivery for digital channel consumption.
- Contribute to digital software and technology strategy across domestic and international assets.
- Work closely within agile, scrum-based teams to understand the business domain and mobile application requirements that drive analysis, architecture /design and development of APIs. These solutions cross a broad spectrum of technologies and must align with business and IT strategies, comply with the organizations architectural standards while addressing customer needs.
- Define, refactor and build integration-centric solutions in the context of transition from traditional, legacy platforms to modern service-oriented architectures.
- Implement multi-channel (Web & Mobile) API architecture offerings and providing differentiated end-user experiences through mobile and other personal computing devices.
- Determine infrastructure configuration details and various application components to support environment, availability, and supportability needs.
- Assess business problems, system needs, and the external system design.
- Participate in large-group, coordinated planning sessions; provide effort estimates and timeline commitments.
- Maintain cutting edge knowledge of current and emerging technologies, industry trends and standards.
- Collaborate effectively with others to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas and resolves technological disagreement with informed, rational and collaborative solutions.
Technologies and patterns utilized:
- Spring (Spring Boot), Express (NodeJS), REST and SOAP services, Apache Camel and Django (legacy services)
- Understanding of REST and SOAP APIs, JSON data, XSLT mappings, JSON Path, etc.
- Knowledge of API life cycle, microservice architecture, and service orchestration and discovery
- Understanding of various security patterns: OAuth, JWT, OpenID Connect, and Mutual Auth.
- Experience with various Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) patterns.
- Knowledge of 12 factor app concepts
- Desire and ability to learn new systems and keep abreast with the current technologies.
- Experience with Kotlin, Typescript is a plus.
- Well versed with exception handling and monitoring terminologies, both from business and data perspective.
- Experience working with Splunk, Prometheus, Zipkin is a plus.
- Experience working within container driven and traditional VM based environment.
- Openshift experience is a plus.
- Proficient in self-testing of applications, unit testing and use of mock frameworks, test-driven development (TDD).
- Candidate should possess strong analytical and problem solving skills and be technically astute.
- Good verbal and written communication skills that are clear and professional.
- Thrive in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary, cross-functional environment.
- Excellent facilitator who can resolve conflicts and foster collaboration.
- Assertive, enthusiastic, logical person with good negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated individual continuously looking to learn and improve.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science preferred
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178