UA Brands is looking for a well-rounded, analytical, and highly motivated team playerto join our Product Development team as a Technical Design Analyst!
The Apparel Technical Design Analyst is responsible for reviewing all Size Charts and Graded Garment Specs to ensure there is a synergy between them and that they remain cohesive across all products and brands. This position will interface seamlessly with the Technical Design team and work closely with our Global Partners and Marketing to make all appropriate updates and changes. This role requires an individual who is a fit expert with excellent technical design experience, communication skills, knowledge of fabrication, as well as organization and time management skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with in-house and overseas partners regarding garment specs and size charts. Help in the creation of size charts for new styles and update existing incorrect size charts.
- Analyze and maintain fit standards, written reports, records of size charts, and samples.
- Review online design specifications and alert specific teams to adjust descriptive or functional details that may be necessary to help the customer understand the garment more accurately.
- Collaborate with team members/management to gain clear design direction and consensus of fit intent. Build 'templates' to ensure size and fit consistency within each brand and across product categories.
- Assist Technical Design Team by adjusting sketches, measuring samples, making updates to tech packs in PLM, and generally helping the Technical Design Team when needed and available.
- Degree in Fashion - Apparel/Textile Design, Product Development, Merchandising, or a related field OR equal work experience in the industry
- 7+ years of Technical Design experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Smart Admin
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Working knowledge of PLM System (Younique PLM) or like program (WebPDM) system required
- Thorough understanding of the design & development process from inception through production
- Knowledge of garment construction standards and manufacturing methods, quality control procedures, and textiles and interlinings and how they interact with the cutting and sewing of a garment
- Ability to properly measure garments according to manual standards
- An expert eye for spec'ing garments andfitting garments on live models
- Attention to detail, initiative, organization, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, proactively troubleshoot, problem solve, and the ability to effectively influence
- Organized, accurate, and articulate
- Analysis of pattern & garment measurements, construction, manufacturing methods, and quality control procedures
- Must be customer-focused, creative, and a quick study
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Well-organized, high attention to detail and deadline-oriented
- Ability to work in a high pace group environment
- Ability to multi-task, proactively troubleshootissues, independently problem solve and work effectively as a team
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills
Benefits Information: Enjoy the best of ALL worlds!
Along with a generous benefits package and dynamic downtown location, there’s another big benefit to building your career here: you enjoy the best of all worlds in one company. As an industry leader since 1985, we offer the strength and stability of a large firm, with healthy profitability and exciting career growth. Yet our friendly, team-oriented workplace makes you feel like part of a close family. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, critical care, life AD&D insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, FMLA, Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance, and additional discount programs.For more information about our extensive benefits,click here.
Watch your email − here’s what happens next:
We look forward to reviewing your application! If your background is a promising fit for the position, you’ll get an email from us within 3-4 business days which will include a link to our online Candidate Assessment.
Why do we request this assessment?
A big reason why UA Brands is such a rewarding place to work and why so many employees thrive here is the extra time we invest during the hiring process. We want to make sure our potential candidate will be a great addition to our family! This assessment allows us to get to know you better, which also helps you determine if we’re the right fit too.
We area Drug-Free Workplace.
As an employee of any UA Brands division, you will be part of an established and dynamic organization. We believe that success starts from within and we are seeking individuals who thrive in an environment that encourages and supports self-management.In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UA Brands will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UA Brands does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. UA Brands will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.