JSG is looking for Lead Mobile Application QA Test Automation Engineer to work on-site in Alameda, CA (remote during COVID). In this position, you will be required to set up an Appium testing framework, establish testing strategy, test mobile applications using Appium and work collaboratively with the Development and QA teams to ensure the delivery of quality products and validation documentation in an efficient, timely manner.
- Must have a background in white and black-box testing, and test automation of mobile applications using Appium (Appium experience must be current).
- Set up the Appium Test Framework, establish testing direction/strategy, write the test scripts and execute test protocols.
- Able to coherently explain steps followed to produce issues found in applications (verbally and written).
- Run tests of applications implemented on mobile (iOS and Android) platforms. Become expert in the installation, operation and features of the application.
- Must be familiar with basic Swift/Kotlin programming.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track defects. During testing, analyze defects in order to assure quality and improve products.
- Must have a high level of attention to detail and technical specifications.
- Must ensure the test process and documentation conforms to client’s internal requirements.
- Implementation of test tools and test processes as necessary.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS or higher degree in computer science, information technology or related technical field (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 5 years of solid software testing practices, methodologies and techniques.
- Basic mobile application programming knowledge.
- Good knowledge of software QA principles and Good Documentation Practices.
- Experience testing localization/ multi-language applications a plus.
- Evidence of continuing education, such as technical certifications, a plus.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
Software QA Lead