About the Job
Do you like fixing things? Are you handy? Do you try to repair equipment before you call a repair man?" A career in service may be a great fit for you! We offer on the job training. All you need is a hardworking can-do attitude.
The Appliance Service Technician is responsible for repairing cooking, cleaning and food preservation appliances. AllSouth sells appliances to both the builder community and general public. Many of our repair calls are warranty related. The repair environment varies from new construction, occupied residences and in-shop. Once assigned to a job, the Service Technician is responsible for diagnosing and repairing the appliance as soon as possible. The employee will often work independently and will communicate with customers, customer service representatives, and other coworkers. We encourage communication between our technicians to broaden their experience and provide numerous training opportunities throughout the year.
- Do all levels or repair and maintenance on appliances including but not limited to refrigerators, cooking appliances, microwaves, washing machines, dryers, dishwashers.
- Coordinate and communicate with the service department.
- Diagnose issues and contact the manufacturer to document the issues and determine coverage.
- Document issues with appliances and determine what further action is needed
- Maintain paperwork and documentation for appliances and other clerical work related to service.
- Occasional replacement or swap out of appliance.
- Work in a warehouse repair shop and do occasional cleaning and maintenance.
- Operate a company provided van and perform routine maintenance as required to ensure a professional appearance.
- Maintain service equipment, vehicle and tools to ensure professional image.
- 1-3 years’ experience in technical, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, or similar field
- Valid Driver License
- Pass periodic drug screens and background checks
- Maintain safe MVR and satisfy insurance carriers requirements
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma
- 1-5 years’ experience in appliance repair
- Appliance installation experience
- Experience in the construction industry
AllSouth Appliance is a family owned and operated business, begun in 1997 to service the construction industry. As as a full line appliance dealer serving various areas of the Southeast, AllSouth has grown to multiple locations and warehouse. While we specialize in supplying builders and remodelors in their appliances needs, we serve the public with Appliances, BBQ Grill and outdoor products of all price ranges. We have a broad range of positions between our showrooms and distribution centers. We offer competitive pay, awesome benefits, and have plenty of opportunities for advancement. We welcome industry veterans from Sears, HHgregg and other appliance retailers.
BC/BS Health, Dental and Vision
Company Paid Life Insurance
Company Paid Long Term Disability
Short term Liability, accident, Cancer and long term care coverage
Paid Time Off
Employee discount on appliances