Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Application Analyst - CRIS
Responsible for enhancing, supporting, and maintaining the Clinical Research applications within the Perelman School of Medicine (PSOM). Responsibilities include optimization of the application through development of new functionality, testing and implementing scheduled vendor releases and system upgrades, and fixing system defects. Provide technical and functional application analysis, define system requirements, and develop logical date models using best practices for build and configuration, maintenance and data integrity. Ensure system changes follow change management procedures and protocols, create and maintain all documentation for all assigned applications, and develop, plan and execute testing for supported applications. Communicates all necessary application changes, enhancements, and procedures to all necessary internal department teams and to operational stakeholders where appropriate.
• Applies knowledge and engages with customers to define goals and objectives.
• Translates customer goals and objectives into documented application configuration specifications and solutions.
• Configures the system according to detailed application configuration specifications in order to meet customer goals and objectives, maintaining a reliable, usable, serviceable, secure, available, accountable and regulatory compliant system.
• Performs general system administration, support, and maintenance.
• Serve as a tier-1 and 2 resource for end-user questions and problems, as well as performs system user training.
• Focuses on meeting customer expectations and working with a customer service mindset
• Conducts facilitated sessions with project team, end users and business owners in order to clarify and define functional requirements of a customer engagement.
• Applies working knowledge of related disciplines as needed.
• Maintains high level of expertise through seminars, training and continuous education.
• Develops solutions to complex problems requiring ingenuity and creativity.
• Decisions or recommendations consistently result in achieving all key project objectives.
• Works in a matrix-managed environment in which collaboration and cooperation across teams, departments, and organizations is a key to success.
• Performs other related and non-related tasks as assigned by management.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Senior Application Analyst:
Responsible for enhancing, supporting, and maintaining an application within the UPHS health system. Responsibilities include; providing instruction on various technical topics to other team members, managing an application project through the entire project life cycle while meeting project deadlines and initiatives. Coordinating the development of new functionality, testing and implementing scheduled vendor releases and system upgrades, and fixing system defects. Serve as the resource for other application team members on technical and functional application analysis, defining system requirements, and developing logical data models using best practices for build and configuration, maintenance and data integrity. Work with cross functional teams and UPHS clients by providing education on system functionality, and configuration of new tools to increase end user productivity within the application. Ensure system changes follow change management procedures and protocols, create and maintain all documentation for all assigned applications, and develop, plan and execute testing for supported applications. Communicates all necessary application changes, enhancements, and procedures to all necessary internal department teams.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Delivers customer service to IS clients seamlessly across system boundaries
• Ensures safety, confidentiality & security of employee and Patient data
• Coordinates with cross-functional team members to determine and define specific analytical and technical systems information requirements, objectives and solution sets for the enhancements and configuration of the application
• Leads the education and delivery to internal team members in the utilization of functionality within the application
• Promptly identifies, documents, and resolves problems with system functionality
• Coordinates and adheres to strict project schedules, and handles multiple assignments
• Communicates clearly problems, issues and potential solutions to team members, clients and organizational administration
• Researches and analyzes new functionality, and within the application to enhance practice productivity and operational processes
• Develop a thorough understanding of UPHS applications
• Participates in an application project by setting clear goals and objectives, and completing tasks in a timely manner
• Manages project plan, monitors tasks and milestones and reports project changes/status to Lead Application Analyst
• Works with the Lead Application Analyst to develop new policies and procedures relating to system design, enhancements, change control, and maintenance of the application
• Participates in new hire application training, mentoring and instruction on internal processes and educates application analysts on various projects; including testing, documenting, and configuration within the application
• Interprets and analyzes complex workflow/system requirements in order to design, configure, test and implement application solutions
• Defines system requirements, and develops logical data models using best practices for build and configuration, maintenance and data integrity.
• Creates and maintains all documentation for assigned applications in order to establish standards for configuration and enhancements within the application
• Develops, and executes test plans that are comprehensive and inclusive of application functionality changes and/or enhancements to ensure successful outcomes
• Participates in system upgrades and scheduled vendor releases as requested to enhance the application and meet project objectives.
• Works with the Lead Application Analyst to develop departmental standards regarding change control to ensure accurate data tracking and monitors change process by maintaining current protocols and reporting any problems to appropriate personnel
• Works independently on complex projects completing within the designated timeframe and under minimal guidance
• Provides ongoing support and maintenance as assigned
• Comply with all applicable guidelines, policies and procedures of IS and UPHS to ensure necessary controls, documentation and audit trails
Application Analyst CRIS
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved bachelor degree program.
• At least 5 years of experience with clinical research or manufacturing or quality required.
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
• The ability to work highly independently in pursuit of operational, tactical, and strategic goals
• A high level of comfort with changing priorities, timelines, and the ability to work in gray areas
• Detail oriented, analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills required
• Must be able to function as part of a team providing a high level of quality service to clients.
• Deep knowledge of an academic/research medical center’s unique clients and needs, and how that translates into design, implementation, and support considerations.
• Familiarity with workflows, policies, and procedures. Understanding of basic software testing and validation processes.
• Proficiency with translating customer needs into graphical workflows using Visio or other workflow tool
• Experience in investigating user needs and translating them first into functional requirements, and then into working features and functions within a system.
• Business analyst capabilities in translating concrete and ambiguous user requirements into architectural/programmatic solutions
Senior Application Analyst
Minimum Degree Requirements and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved bachelor degree program
• Minimum of 3 years related experience required.
• Experience in healthcare IT, preferred
• Vendor certification preferred
• Strong customer service orientation and ability to follow through issues to resolution
• Ability to effectively implement and manage projects and personnel
• Knowledge of basic hardware configurations, database management tools and query language
• Ability to troubleshoot, research and solve technically challenging problems involving integrated systems
• Detail oriented, strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills required.
• Ability to analyze, diagnose, suggest and implement process changes
• Ability to interact with all levels of healthcare personnel to include: IT management staff, consulting staff, clinicians, clinical administrators, etc.
• Clinical applications experience in either an application support or implementation role preferred
• Strong with process improvement and project management skills
• Knowledge of healthcare operations and data structures and the use of information system applications in the practicing healthcare environment preferred
• Must be able to function as part of a team providing a high level of quality service to clients
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of four hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 2,000 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work