Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Penn Medicine Academic Computing Services department (PMACS) is actively looking for an Application Analyst to join our Clinical Research Reporting team!
Responsible for enhancing, supporting, and maintaining the Clinical Research applications within the Perelman School of Medicine (PSOM). Responsibilities include optimization of the application through development of new functionality, testing and implementing scheduled vendor releases and system upgrades, and fixing system defects. Provide technical and functional application analysis, define system requirements, and develop logical date models using best practices for build and configuration, maintenance and data integrity. Ensure system changes follow change management procedures and protocols, create and maintain all documentation for all assigned applications, and develop, plan and execute testing for supported applications. Communicates all necessary application changes, enhancements, and procedures to all necessary internal department teams and to operational stakeholders where appropriate.
• Applies knowledge and engages with customers to define goals and objectives.
• Translates customer goals and objectives into documented application configuration specifications and solutions.
• Configures the system according to detailed application configuration specifications in order to meet customer goals and objectives, maintaining a reliable, usable, serviceable, secure, available, accountable and regulatory compliant system.
• Performs general system administration, support, and maintenance.
• Serve as a tier-1 and 2 resource for end-user questions and problems, as well as performs system user training.
• Focuses on meeting customer expectations and working with a customer service mindset
• Conducts facilitated sessions with project team, end users and business owners in order to clarify and define functional requirements of a customer engagement.
• Applies working knowledge of related disciplines as needed.
• Maintains high level of expertise through seminars, training and continuous education.
• Develops solutions to complex problems requiring ingenuity and creativity.
• Decisions or recommendations consistently result in achieving all key project objectives.
• Works in a matrix-managed environment in which collaboration and cooperation across teams, departments, and organizations is a key to success.
• Performs other related and non-related tasks as assigned by management.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Minimum Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5+ years of experience with clinical research, manufacturing or quality
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
• The ability to work highly independently in pursuit of operational, tactical, and strategic goals
• A high level of comfort with changing priorities, timelines, and the ability to work in gray areas
• Detail oriented, analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills required
• Must be able to function as part of a team providing a high level of quality service to clients.
• Deep knowledge of an academic/research medical center’s unique clients and needs, and how that translates into design, implementation, and support considerations.
• Familiarity with workflows, policies, and procedures. Understanding of basic software testing and validation processes.
• Proficiency with translating customer needs into graphical workflows using Visio or other workflow tool
• Experience in investigating user needs and translating them first into functional requirements, and then into working features and functions within a system.
• Business analyst capabilities in translating concrete and ambiguous user requirements into architectural/programmatic solutions
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work