One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital management companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue exceeding $10.7 billion. In 2019, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2018, ranked #268 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago, enabling us to provide compassionate care to our patients and their loved ones: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 87,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 350 inpatient acute care hospitals and behavioral health facilities and 30 outpatient and other facilities located in 37 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. For additional information on the Company, visit our web site: http://www.uhsinc.com.
The Corporate IS Department is seeking a dynamic and talented Application Analyst I-Cerner Support.
The Application Analyst I-Cerner Support will work as a member of the CIS Support Team, supports the implementation of UHS Acute Care Facilities that have converted and/or are converting to clinical healthcare applications. Assists with escalation of issues and interaction with clinical staff in a professional manner while providing excellent customer service as the highest priority. Receives, prioritizes, and provides timely solutions to clinical application software, interface, and procedural problems/requests identified/submitted by the UHS customer. Monitors the resolution of maintenance or enhancement issues assigned by the UHS Customer Support Center. Supports conversion activities including end user support, application troubleshooting and application / technical configuration. Provides post-conversion assistance in the resolution of system issues (break/fix, maintenance or enhancement) as requested by the facility or assigned by the UHS Customer Support Center. Implements changes to existing applications as directed by management. Meets deadlines and ensures continued progress toward assignment completion. Shares experience with other members of team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Researches and resolves Customer Support Center Tickets including major application upgrades
- Assists in performing routine system maintenance and builds.
- Establishes and maintains regular communications with application team and user community.
- Demonstrates analytical problem solving
- Demonstrates understanding of hospital pharmacy workflow and working
- Provides on-call support as scheduled.
- Adheres to UHS Service Level and Change Management Policies
- Supports the implementations of applications and prepares the appropriate documentation
- Performs system testing and documentation for all phases of the application development life cycle.
- Researches and resolves implementation-related Customer Support Center Tickets.
- Ensures strict adherence to work plans, reporting all serious deviations to management
- Follows UHS Project Management Standards
- Performs Q/A on application functionality
- Follows UHS Change Control
- Prepares and promptly submits all routine and special reports. including status reports to supervisor as required.
- Maintains Service Excellence principles.
- Keeps management well informed of activities, needs, problems.
- This position requires a 2 year/Associate’s college degree in Computer Science or Information Systems and/or one or more years of Clinical Information Systems experience.
- A quick learner of software and information technology, and motivated to learn new applications and business operations.
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, and email software applications.
- Ability to work with end users to determined software specifications, hardware requirements and process improvement workflows.
- Ability to create system documentation, project plans, test scripts and education materials.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal communication and documentation skills, among facility customers and team members.
- Demonstrates customer-oriented service excellence principals, as outlined in UHS corporate standards. Self-disciplined, able to work independently, but also able to take direction when necessary.
- Self-motivated to identify and resolve issues, and in advancing personal knowledge.
- Very organized and detail-oriented.
- Flexible with time.
- General familiarity of end user business practices, concepts and terminology sufficient to support the applications.
- Self-motivated to identify and resolve issues and in advancing personal knowledge.
- Working knowledge of healthcare applications
Shift: 11:30AM – 8:00PM, Monday – Friday
License or Registration Requirements: Acute Care Facility (Hospital) experience preferred.
Travel Requirements: 15%
This opportunity provides the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
*UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.