One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital management companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing since its inception to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenues of $10 billion and 83,000 employees. In 2019, UHS was recognized for the ninth consecutive year as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2018, ranked #268 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, ranked #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 83,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
The Corporate IS Department is seeking a dynamic and talented Application Analyst I – Revenue Cycle
The Application Analyst I – Revenue Cycle supports implementation and provides ongoing support of UHS Revenue Cycle applications in a Multi-Entity, 20 plus Acute Care Hospital Environment. Works with the Information Services Revenue Cycle Applications team to evaluate the design and determine modifications for all revenue cycle applications to effectively accomplish desired objectives. Provides technical support to UHS entities as needed. Coordinates work assignments given in order to meet deadlines and ensure continued progress toward assignment completion. Shares experience and expertise with other members of the team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Supports the implementations of applications and prepares the appropriate documentation.
- Performs system testing and documentation for all phases of the application development life cycle.
- Supports projects, implementations and conversions.
- Performs QA on application functionality.
- Monitors, researches and resolves assigned implementation-related Customer Support Center Tickets.
- Adheres to appropriate UHS Project Management standards.
- Ensures strict adherence to work plans, reporting all serious deviations to management.
- Assists with the training of users in operating procedures for applications.
- Demonstrates understanding of revenue cycle workflow.
- Demonstrates analytical problem solving.
- Assists in performing routine system maintenance and builds.
- Establishes and maintains regular communications with application team and user community.
- Supports system upgrades and effectively communicates system functionality changes to end users.
- Adheres to UHS Service Level and Change Management Policies.
- Monitors, researches and resolves assigned maintenance Customer Support Center Tickets.
- Performs quality reviews on all system modifications and manages daily workflow thru UHS Incident Ticketing System.
- One or more years of Information Systems experience, proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and email software applications.
- Working knowledge of system application implementation, enhancement, and support methods and practices, as well as, Healthcare Revenue Cycle processes are required.
- A quick learner of software and information technology, and motivated to learn new applications and business operations.
- Working knowledge of project management methods.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal communication and documentation skills, among facility customers and team members.
- Demonstrates customer-oriented service excellence principals, as outlined in UHS corporate standards.
- Self-disciplined, able to work independently, but also able to take direction when necessary.
- Preferred experience with Cerner Millennium application or other Revenue Cycle application. General familiarity of user business practices, concepts and terminology sufficient to support the applications.
- Self-motivated to identify and resolve issues, and in advancing personal knowledge.
- Very organized and detail-oriented.
- Flexible with time.
Travel Requirements: 10 – 30% domestic US travel (may vary depending upon projects and Go Lives).
This opportunity provides the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
*UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.