One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital management companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue exceeding $10.7 billion. In 2019, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2018, ranked #268 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago, enabling us to provide compassionate care to our patients and their loved ones: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 87,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 350 inpatient acute care hospitals and behavioral health facilities and 30 outpatient and other facilities located in 37 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. For additional information on the Company, visit our web site: http://www.uhsinc.com .
The Corporate IS Department is seeking a dynamic and talented Application Analyst II-Laboratory Systems
The Application Analyst II-Laboratory Systems supports the implementation of UHS Laboratory applications. Monitors the resolution of maintenance or enhancement issues assigned by the UHS Customer Support Center. Implements modifications to existing applications that will effectively accomplish desired objectives. Provides technical support to UHS entities as needed. Meets deadlines and ensures continued progress toward assignment completion. Shares experience with other members of team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Regularly meets with users, vendors, and LIS staff to develop/modify system specifications.
- Supports the implementations of laboratory applications and prepares the appropriate documentation.
- Performs system testing and documentation for all phases of the application development life cycle.
- Performs Q/A on application functionality.
- Researches and resolves implementation-related Customer Support Center Tickets.
- Adheres to appropriate UHS Project Management standards.
- Ensures strict adherence to work plans, reporting all serious deviations to management.
- Assists with the training of users in operating procedures for application.
- Coordinates project team member activities to achieve common objectives.
- Working in conjunction with a project manager, monitors project plans. Tracks project status, issues and progress.
- Three or more years of Laboratory Information Systems experience. Cerner PathNet experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Laboratory system applications (ie. Gen Lab, Blood Bank, Micro, AP, Dictation, Outreach, etc.) implementation, enhancement and support methods and practices.
- Working knowledge of computer systems analysis and programming techniques and procedures, including: consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications; design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing, coding, debugging, or modification of computer systems or programs based on and related to user design specifications.
- Basic knowledge of IS standards and quality methods and metrics.
- Basic knowledge of project management methods.
- General familiarity of user business practices, concepts and terminology sufficient to support the applications.
- General familiarity with regulatory requirements that impact Laboratory systems such as JCAHO, CAP, FDA and various state regulations.
- Language proficiency in English, with excellent written and verbal fluency.
Travel Requirements: Up to 50% domestic US travel (depending on projects).
This opportunity provides the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
*UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.