Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for an Application Analyst role in the Providence, RI area. This is a Fulltime/Permanent position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience.
For applicants who are interested in this Application Analyst opportunity; please send a Word resume to Cassie Wagner, Professional Recruiter @ email@example.com.
Here are the details:
Apex Job ID: 910056
Position: Application Analyst
Location: Providence, RI
Duration: Fulltime / Permanent
Rate: Flexible depending on experience
Under general supervision of the Applications Manager provides analysis and programming to assist in the selection implementation and ongoing support of application software including all interfaces necessary to assure a high value widely accessible comprehensive integrated information network which meets customer needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets with personnel from user departments Information Services staff and vendors to define and resolve application system problems.
- Develops specifications for software applications; design code test debug document and install software programs. Tests and updates software products with new releases.
- May evaluate new software products to determine their applicability to current and future hardware and software environments.
- Assists with the testing and installation of new software packages and modifications from vendors.
- Assists in designing programming testing and installing interfaces among systems.
- Modifies and maintains existing software via maintenance releases and utilities from vendor to enhance the usefulness of the information system to the organization.
- Assists in preparing manuals training materials and training user personnel in the use of systems and modifications to systems.
- May coordinate straightforward Information Services projects including project planning task assignment and project implementation.
- Maintains up-to-date technical knowledge by attending seminars and reading professional literature.
- Participates in council’s quality improvement teams and other such committees as required.
- Maintains quality assurance safety environmental and infection control in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies procedures and objectives.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Business Administration or a related field required.
- A combination of computer-related technical training and successively increasing information systems management responsibility may substitute for a degree.
EXPERIENCE: One year of work experience in programming or related technical work.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178