Are you looking for a rewarding career with a successful organization and healthy corporate culture? Christman may be the place for you as we are in search of an Application Developer/Analyst. Here at Christman, we are an ESOP company that offers competitive wages, bonuses, a lucrative benefit package and supports education/career development opportunities.
In this role, an Application Developer / Analyst will design, develop, and maintain custom applications specifically for internal operations. This position will provide a great opportunity for a strategic thinker to use their analytical skills to solve business challenges by developing web applications to increase efficiency and effectiveness across the company for small user groups or potentially apps to be used by hundreds of users. The role will offer opportunities not only to enhance processes for the construction management business but within other departments as well, such as accounting, human resources, marketing and business development, project planning, and Building Information Modeling (BIM). The position manages or leads various phases of the development and maintenance of approved projects.
Essential Job FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide concept to reality support for new applications.
- Provide support/ maintenance for existing applications.
- Design, code, test, document, and release custom business applications, establishing and subsequently conducting routine upgrades as technology and business needs evolve.
- Demonstrated experience working with end-users to define system requirements, understand business needs and convert business requirements into functional/technical specifications for complex integrated system.
- Experience communicating technical information effectively to technical and non-technical staff at the verbal, written and presentation levels.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Expected Hours of Work
Full time, 40-hours a week. Occasional extended hours and weekends may apply.
Minimal travel required depending on the project. Majority of travel done during work hours, overnight stays may be required on occasion.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Mobile Application Development, Mobile Computing, Computer Science or related job field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in technologies, focusing on application design and development.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Any experience or knowledge of our application development tools; Microsoft Full-Stack Developer:
- Microsoft SQL Server (TSQL and SSRS, plus general maintenance, operations, and security)
- Internet Information Server (IIS)
- C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API, .NET Framework and .NET Core, Entity Framework, Web Forms
- HTML, CSS, SASS, DOM, JSON
- Typescript, React, npm, Webpack, Bootstrap
- Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code
- Git and SVN source control
- Azure web application experience a plus
Preferred Education and Experience
- Any background in the construction management field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Work Planning: Ability to plan and prioritize individual contributions in tandem with team members to achieve high-quality, timely results. Dependable and punctual for all work-related commitments.
- Relationships: Ability to earn respect through the credibility of technological knowledge and positive approach to problem solving. Ability to develop productive relationships within the project team and with end-users.
- Communication: Strong communication skills, including excellent ability to identify and understand requirements of the business challenge and to participate in collaborative problem solving. Ability to write design proposals, status reports and other related project documentation.
- Detail Orientation: Ability to successfully ensure accuracy of project functionality and documentation.
- Professionalism: Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance at all times and perform well under project constraints and deadlines.
- Computer Skills: Strong computer skills, not only with development tools, but with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint). Working knowledge of project management software. Willingness to test and implement new technologies as they become available.
- Learning Orientation: Willing to pursue related educational and training opportunities for job performance improvement on an on-going basis, and to openly share knowledge and debate concepts with appropriate members of the Christman team.
- Team Passion: Have a passion for team-based planning and problem-solving and wholehearted commitment to building strong partnerships to support project goals.
The Christman family of companies is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity
Equal Opportunity Employer; disability/veteran