Apex Systems, part of On Assignment & the 2nd largest IT staffing Solutions firm in the country has an opportunity for a Contract to Hire Python Developer for a client in Plano, TX.
Job Description: *The primary focus of this person will to develop scripting/automation that will be tied into the Monitoring tools and/or the automation framework. As such, this person should be fluent in scripting skills such as Python, Perl, JSON, and also be capable within tools that we use for DevOps development type pipelines. E.g. Jenkins, Chef, Artifactory, Github, etc.
* Use technology infrastructure and operational processes to enable a more effective incident response process
* Design and implement appropriate monitoring solutions for applications we support, with the goal of enabling more efficient production support
* Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of solutions on AWS
* Stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
* Encourage innovation, implement solutions with cutting-edge technologies, promote outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
* Work with Product Owners and Partner teams to understand desired application availability/performance capabilities and validation testing scenarios
* Continuously influence improved software engineering practices
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 2 years of experience working with Python and Powershell
* 2 years of experience with ITIL problem management and incident management processes
* 2 years of experience with monitoring tools such as DataDog, Splunk, Grafana, or Zabbix
* At least 2 years of experience with AWS
* At least 1 year of experience with:
* DevOps practices using tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible
* Alerting and Monitoring of resources in the cloud with CloudWatch or Datadog
* Identify automation opportunities from manual day to day work
* At least 2 years of experience in Java or NodeJS
* 3 years of experience with Linux, server automation and scripting
* Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
* Certified AWS Developer or Solution Architect
* Agile development practices
* Must sit onsite at Knolls 2
* Strong likelihood of conversion for the right candidate. Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
* 1st round phone interviews (targeting week of 6/18) and 2nd round onsite interview (Skype as backup).
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178