We are looking for Application Development Analyst III Permanent Role in Washington, DC.Application Development Analyst III will Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software
Skills for Application Development Analyst III:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- At least 5 years experience in software engineering using core Java, server-side Java technologies.
- In-depth understanding of OOP, design patterns and data structures
- Strong experience with Spring framework and Hibernate object-relational mapping framework.
- Experience with data formats like JSON, XML, and HTML.
- Experience in Agile software development methods such as Scrum preferred.
- Experience with UNIX, LINUX scripting required. VB scription in Excel a plus.
- Experience with Clearcase, SVN (Subversion), Clearquest, Eclipse, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Strong knowledge of relational Databases, Oracle SQL, stored procedures required.
Responsibilities for Application Development Analyst III:
- Participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.