As part of a Business-led ERP transformation, T. Marzetti is seeking an experienced Application Development and Integration Lead. The Lead will be accountable for managing all development as part of the ERP transformation in coordination with a Systems Integration partner team (which will consist of a Development Lead and developers). The Application Development and Integration Lead will define the organizational SAP and Integration development standards and select appropriate tools/frameworks for use. The Lead will be responsible to enforce those standards during development as part of the ERP project. This role will involve coordination, governance and direct responsibility over all custom development both in SAP and T. Marzetti current state systems that require coding to deliver an integrated ERP solution with SAP S/4 Hana Single Tenant Edition (STE) at the core.
The Lead will be responsible to define the future state application integration landscape. The Lead will review all recommended WRICEF customizations to the core applications including SAP and assess the need, complexity and feasibility of the customization to make recommendations to ERP leadership on whether the customization is appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with various parties, including business representatives, to guide the ERP project development. Leverage prior experience with full-lifecycle SAP implementations to identify and mitigate risks to on-time, on-budget delivery of the project.
- Overseas development efforts and effectively communicate issues, decisions reached, and/or the status of testing.
- As required, evaluate the need for customization of SAP solutions to meet the business need and drive the decision making related to optimal level of customization required in the ecosystem.
- Integrate with Business Process Leads and IT Solution owners to understand end to end scenarios based on the T. Marzetti Business Capability Model, to define a best fit integration landscape.
- Ensure customizations developed are documented and can be easily upgraded in a timely, efficient, and cost effective manner.
- Ensure optimal utilization of technology solutions including system integration best practices, with proper consideration given to “cost vs. benefits.”
- Build an understanding of the current state system landscape in order to define the future state system landscape both during interim states and once fully deployed.
- Impart SAP expertise to other T. Marzetti employees through over the shoulder learning, system demonstrations, and coordinated knowledge sharing sessions.
- Plan, monitor and control the quality aspects of development progress versus plan.
- Plan, managed and participate in system unit test, integration test, user acceptance testing, and other formal and information test activities to manage and/or resolve defects during testing.
- Conduct formal reviews of systems integrator deliverables.
- Maintain close collaboration and relationships with the business, the systems integration partner, and the enterprise IT team.
- Embrace and comply with solution governance and methodology.
- 6-9 Years of overall SAP Development Experience
- Prior experience managing an SAP Development Team with both onshore and offshore resources
- Experience in SAP ECC and S/4 Hana required
- Extensive experience with ABAP Objects, User-Exits, BADIs, and the Enhancement Framework
- Strong debugger skills, demonstrated knowledge of good programming techniques and use of development tools
- Been through an upgrade / SPS application process multiple times and understands SPDD / SPAU
- Demonstrated 1 or more full life-cycle SAP implementations leveraging SAP development expertise
- Food and Beverage industry experience a plus
- Strong analytical and interpersonal/communication skills required
- Excellent documentation skills
- Demonstrated expertise leading development teams
- Ability to write technical designs and deliver high quality, SAP code
- Ability to make recommendations on SAP development and integration best practices
- Ability to take complex situations and simplify to deliver efficient and optimal business outcomes
- Ability to be open to change; strong listening skills
- Ability to take a long-term perspective, yet understand the “devil in the details”
- Ability to lead team discussions, solicit input and facilitate decisions in a professional manner
- Ability to multi-task and organize effectively to meet users' expectations while working as part of a larger team
- Great organization and time management skills with the desire to complete projects on time
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Managing Vision & Purpose
- Total Work Systems
- Problem Solving
- Learning on the Fly
- Conflict Management
Works in a normal office environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, see, hear, sit, stand, talk, type, walk and bend while moving about the facility. The noise level in the office is quiet. Extended travel to plants for fit workshops, integration and deployment execution is required.