Part of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener - with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world - we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
Infineon Technologies Americas Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Employment at Infineon is contingent upon proof of your legal right to work in the United States under applicable law, verification of satisfactory references and successful completion of a background check and drug test, and signing all your on-boarding documents.
In some instances, if applicable, U.S. export control laws require that Infineon obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing technologies to certain persons. This offer is contingent upon Infineon's ability to satisfy these export control laws as related to your employment and anticipated job activities. The decision whether or not to submit and/or pursue an export license to satisfy this contingency, if applicable, shall be at Infineon's sole discretion.
Infineon North America PMM Mid-Voltage DC-DC Applications team is looking for an engineer with deep knowledge in power electronics and emphasis in motor drives. In this position, you will work in the definition, testing and support of power MOSFETs (OPTIMOS™ and StrongIRFET™ technologies), gate drivers and microcontrollers in low and medium voltage drives applications. As an Application Engineer, you will work with engineers from multiple disciplines in the concept and development of products optimized for battery powered drives applications. The candidate will analyze from a system perspective, new power MOSFET technologies and the interaction with the rest of components in the application with the goal to make drives more efficient, smarter and safer. You will work in design-in activities with customers and will support from a technical perspective the go to market activities for the developed products.
In your new role you will:
- Analyze the details of MOSFETs characteristics including electrical, thermal, mechanical and packaging challenges
- Generate reference designs and evaluation boards for internal use and customer evaluation
- Analyze in detail and define MOSFET gate drivers
- Work with microcontrollers and be capable of firmware programming
- Lead technical discussions within Infineon and with the customers and guide critical decisions
- Conduct trade and performance studies, electrical and thermal
- Perform competitive benchmarking at device and system levels
- Generate computer circuit models to predict circuit behavior using SPICE, SIMetrix, and MATLAB
- Work with Safety and EMI standards
- Interact with different functional disciplines within Infineon, such as Marketing, FAEs, Silicon design, Manufacturing, Reliability, Failure Analysis, Product Engineering and other product groups
- Participate in technical conferences and present technical papers locally and globally
- Closely collaborate with other Infineon design centers
- Travel to other Infineon and customer sites
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in power electronics industry
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of power electronics, inverters and motor control
- Be capable of analyzing in detail MOSFET power loss in a given topology
- Understand gate drivers, microcontrollers and be able to program firmware (C/C++)
- Have good knowledge of analog and digital circuit design and control concepts
- Comfortable to work in a team environment
- Ability to multitask and flexibility to work on different areas of knowledge
Infineon Power Management & Multimarket (PMM) semiconductors play a vital role in enabling intelligent power management, smart sensitivity as well as fast and reliable data processing in an increasingly digitalized world.
Our leading-edge power devices make chargers, adapters, power tools and lighting systems smarter, smaller, lighter and more energy-efficient. Our trusted sensors increase the context sensitivity of "things" and systems such as HMI, and our RF chips power fast and reliable data communication.
- We drive leading-edge power management, sensing and data transfer capabilities -