Position will be located in Torrance, CA
Partner with university customers to understand their technical and business challenges. Use the insights gained to paint a vision of how MathWorks can help them address their challenges in education and research. Conversations will range from computational thinking, coding to learn, use of MathWorks’ products in industry to benefits of teaching/learning MATLAB skills. Demonstrate the value of MATLAB and Simulink to grow their adoption in curriculum, research and commercial projects.
(1) Champion computational thinking: Influence academic leaders to incorporate computational literacy in their curriculum. Identify, track and influence adoption of MathWorks products in relevant Engineering, Science and Business courses, at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
Identify key research projects and groups that can benefit from the adoption of MathWorks products. Engage with these groups to understand their goals and challenges. Leverage product knowledge and industry experience to recommend MathWorks solutions.
(2) Planning and Strategy: Develop Technical Engagement Plans and activities to increase adoption of MathWorks products across a set of universities. Regularly review the key metrics to adapt your plans.
(3) Execute Technical Engagement Plans: Travel to universities to advocate and support deeper use of MathWorks products across all aspects of a university, including curriculum and coursework, in research and commercial projects, and in high-impact student activities (competitions, projects etc.). Prepare and deliver presentations, demonstrations, and application examples.
(4) Cultivate champions: Establish rapport with leading faculty and researchers to persuade them to advocate MathWorks products on-campus and in the broader education community. Advocate on behalf of customers to influence the future of MathWorks products.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- MS in Engineering or Sciences
- Proven working experience with MATLAB & Simulink
- A relevant PhD or 3+ years equivalent experience working in a relevant industry is a plus
- Experience in a Sales, Marketing or Customer-Facing Technical role is a plus
- Experience as a graduate-level Research or Teaching Assistant is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.