A global manufacturer of Industrial and Marine engines is actively searching for an Application Engineer to join their team in Northwestern DuPage County.
Application Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering support for the application of Industrial / Marine engines & Turbocharger engines.
- Experience in natural gas and diesel engines with a strong technical understanding of power systems design, including transfer switch, and switchgear.
- Must be familiar with engines and controls.
- Work under the direction engineers in Diesel and Gas fueled electric power systems, including paralleling switchgear, UPS, CHP and other systems auxiliaries.
- The ability to work closely with internal staffs and customers to provide technical advice, quality control, and creative technical solutions.
- The ability to communicate clearly, concisely and proactively solve problems.
- Responsible for assisting OEM and distributor in designing power system and equipment.
- Work with consulting engineers and contractors to develop project designs and specifications for power systems applications.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Availability to travel domestically and/or internationally on assignment at dealer locations
Application Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 3 to 5 years of work experience regarding application of diesel & gas engines for generator and marine engines—both mechanical and electrical
- Knowledge or background in internal Combustion Engines, esp. Diesel Cycle.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) across all internal levels and Global Company.
- Ability to work well under time deadlines and pressure.
- Strong work ethic; able to set and meet goals.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, planning and organizational skills.
If you feel you can make positive contributions to our company, and think this is the position for you, please don’t hesitate to send us your resume right away!
This position includes manufacturing and warehousing work environment. While performing the duties of this job you may be required to intermittently sit, stand, walk, lift up to 25 pounds, lift in excess of 25 pounds with a lift assist, climb stairs, use hands to handle or feel parts/equipment, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend at the waist, talk and hear. You may also be required to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
We screen ALL Candidates to verify the validity of each applicant with criminal background / Social Security verification. Upon submitting your resume, we will contact only those candidates that we deem qualified for our client. If we do not contact you, we do not see the fit for the position. If we are unable to reach you in a reasonable timeframe, you will be eliminated from the pool of potential candidates.
Direct applicants only. We do not accept any resumes from any third party organizations or other recruiters.