This role will bridge the gap between development and infrastructure in order to ensure that operations run efficiently and with minimal issues related to deployments or environments.
The role is responsible for TFS administration and IIS web server management including troubleshooting environment issues using Splunk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. All work is performed with deadlines based on agency priorities.
- Works with infrastructure, data and development teams in the creation of new environments.
- Drive toward consistency across all environments, both in test and production.
- Knowledge of virtualization of environments
- TFS administration experience
- IIS web server management experience
- Experience with application programming and software architecture
Build and Deployment Processes
- Create, define and manage the build and deployment processes with focus on process discipline and automation
- Creates and maintains application build definitions.
- Executes builds when necessary.
- Tracks builds and deployments from TFS code branch to application environment.
- Manages configuration assets including, but not limited to
- Web server configurations
- Application server configurations
- Application configurations
- Service configurations
- Deploys configuration assets
- Works with operations teams in the monitoring and maintenance of all production and test environments to ensure the smooth functioning of day-to-day operations and quick resolution to environment-related issues.
- Independently provides troubleshooting support for software solutions and systems.
- Responds in a timely manner to automated alerts and/or problem tickets to ensure that applications and systems are running successfully and with optimal performance.
Provides Technical Expertise and Guidance
- Possesses and applies a broad range of advanced expertise of technology principles, best practices and procedures to the completion of the most difficult and complex assignments crossing multiple functional areas.
- Collaborates with application development and DBA groups to create easily deployable and maintainable applications.
- Applies expert technical knowledge to direct and oversee significant assignments.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and debugging skills
- Provides guidance, technical leadership and expertise, and training to less experienced staff.
- Develops and recommends enhancements to technical standards, policies and practices.
- Participates in Change Management Process.
- Maintains and updates all relevant documentation.
Computer Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of the following tools/technologies:
- General knowledge of programming languages such as ASP.Net and/or C#
- SQL Server
- PowerShell and Batch File Scripting
- Windows Server Operating System
- General hardware configuration
- General networking technologies and practices
- General software development practices
- General IT security standards and practices
- Proven ability to troubleshoot technical problems across a wide variety of tools and technologies.
- Ability to assess and provide constructive feedback on the quality and efficiency of design, coding, and implementation of a variety of types of technology solutions.
Other Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated ability to:
- Collaborates with others, builds teams, mentors team members and delegates tasks
- Ascertain and meet customer expectations
- Work effectively and independently in a fast paced team environment where priorities can rapidly change
- Prioritize own work activities with minimal guidance and coaching
- Solve complex problems through discovery and analysis with minimal guidance
- Manage competing priorities to meet goals
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Provide, maintain and follow technical documentation
Education and/or Experience
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in computer science or closely related field and 2 or more years of experience. Preferred experience includes 2 years of System Development Life-Cycle experience working with large, complex systems and two years’ experience working on with TFS.
Interested candidates should email their resume to email@example.com
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178