|APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AND FILED ONLINE AT:|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates with end-users and third-party vendors to obtain requirements for projects and application updates for small, medium and progressively more complex applications.
- Participates in the design, programming (development), maintenance and execution of testing of new and changed functionality for medium to complex applications.
- Writes programs for specific applications and designs special reports and forms as requested by various County departments in compliance with County and IT department policy and procedures.
- Updates system end-user and training documentation.
- Assists senior-level Application Programmer Analyst with identifying improvements that will increase efficiency of the systems.
- Provides second-level end-user support.
- Provides around-the-clock support for those applications that require 24-hour support.
- Assists with statistical reporting to management relating to application performance, usability and upgrade requirements to properly support County departments.
- Manages interface and associate error logs.
- Maintains business process procedures in conjunction with the process owners.
- Resolves Request/Incident tickets from users and provides telephone and onsite technical support to troubleshoot and fix moderate to complex customer department end-user problems.
- Creates Request/Incident tickets from users and generates Requests for Change to the production environment to troubleshoot and fix moderate to complex customer department end-user problems.
- Works closely with vendors to resolve issues and manage deployments.
- Analyzes and resolves small, medium and progressively more complex application and data problems.
- Performs all other related duties as required.
Bachelor's degree + Two (2) full-time years of experience in information technology including experience or training in systems analysis, design and computer programming.
Associate's degree + Four (4) full-time years of experience in information technology including experience or training in systems analysis, design and computer programming.
High School Diploma or GED + Six (6) full-time years of experience in information technology including experience or training in systems analysis, design and computer programming.
EXPERIENCE WITH GRAPHICS SOFTWARE, GRAPHIC DESIGN, UX DESIGN, WEBSITE BRANDING AND / OR WEBSITE DESIGN PREFERRED
Licensure or certification not required, but considered a plus.
Must possess fundamental knowledge of systems analysis, program design and specification, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
Must be able to multi-task and work independently on medium to complex assignments using independent discretion and judgment as well as transition quickly between projects/issues with minimal supervision.
Must have the ability to gather requirements, analyze systems, develop solutions, and test and document changes working in collaboration with other developers in a team environment.
Must have the ability to gather, understand and translate business requirements into system solutions.
Must have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to easily and effectively interact with technical, non-technical, support, and business staff at all levels.
Position requires the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Must be able to work and communicate effectively with both team members and customers.
Position requires the ability to understand the concepts, best practices, and execution of business analysis and project management principles.
Must have the ability to verify that the product meets the requirements.
Position requires the ability to follow standards and system development methodology.
Must be able to display a courteous and professional demeanor.
If hired, you must provide proof of educational attainment at new hire processing
Tarrant County will conduct background checks on new hires that will include a criminal background check related to convictions and deferred adjudications since the age of seventeen (17) and may include credit reports, motor vehicle records, employment records, and educational attainment. A conviction or deferred adjudication is not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered individually. Incumbent must hold a valid Driver's License or State Issued ID card.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT & OTHER REQUIREMENTS