Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company of almost 4000 employees that provides industry-leading software to event professionals around the world. Our suite of services – online event registration, venue selection, mobile apps, email marketing, web surveys, and targeted hotel advertising opportunities – have positioned us a major player in the estimated $565 billion global meetings and events industry.
Working at Cvent
- Award-winning company culture
- Regular intern-only events
- Facetime with the CEO
What You Will Be Doing
At Cvent, our paid information security internships are designed to provide students with real-world mentorship and experience. Interns are exposed to the inner workings of an industry-leading software company and information security program. Interns are expected to take ownership of projects to contribute to the company’s continued success. Projects are assigned based on current information security project schedules and needs, allowing for extensive exposure to the people, processes and technology solutions of the information security department. Cvent’s internships are ideally structured to not only support professional development, but also open the doors to full time employment with the company upon graduation.
What to expect:
- Build, administer, or support Cvent’s global information security technology solutions
- Evaluate new security tools and present comparisons/recommendations based on set criteria
- Assist with product security roadmap projects and tasks
- Assist with software vulnerability validation, tracking, and reporting activities
- Create information security program documentation to support achievement of departmental goals and objectives
What You Need for this Position
The ideal candidate has
- A software development background
- Successfully completed coursework covering an array of information security and technology topics
- The desire to make contributions to the company that will be used by current and future full-time employees
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication
- The ability and willingness to work alongside senior team members and managers to further your professional development
Most importantly, a successful candidate will be passionate about information security and technology. Keeping up with the latest advancements in the industry; spending time creating, building, and exploring with technical projects; an inquisitive attitude in regard to the workings of hardware and software; and overall, simply having fun and finding enjoyment in the field.
- Graduation date of December 2019 or May 2020
- Currently pursuing a BA/BS in Cyber Security, Information Security, or other related field
At this time, Cvent will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.