Chenega Technical Innovations
CHENEGA TECHNICAL INNOVATIONS, LLC
Company Job Title:
Application Specialist VI
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Application Specialist VI will analyze and determine information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities of applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Maintain, upgrade and develop screens and reports, and design database architecture and work processes.
- Interpret customer reporting requirements and develop and analyze the most appropriate approach to solve complex reporting problems.
- Plan, develop, test, and document highly complex reports using the products such as: Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools (2008 +), Visual Studio .Net (2010 +), Business Objects (Crystal Reports), Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Word.
- Provide data entry, storage, and retrieval techniques and technologies; integrate databases into software systems; and provide database application analysis, design, development, configuration and management specializing in Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and Open Database and web enabled architecture.
- Migrate legacy systems into emerging enterprise systems development and modernize legacy systems into web enabled or application publishing in Active Directory applications.
- Provide assistance in coding, testing, and implementing database programming capabilities, including functions, procedures, constraints, and triggers.
- Develop and run customized and ad-hoc reports; and support data extraction and manipulation requests.
- Perform application support of Open Source Technologies, including, but not limited to systems such Open Content Management, Media Wiki, and MySQL.
- Other duties as assigned to support the needs of the customer/client.
- This position does not have formal supervisory responsibilities, but may require oversight and training of junior staff.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Associates Degree or combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in visual basic NET and C#.
- Eight (8) years of experience as a Programmer Analyst. Experience to include: analysis and design, financial processes analysis and modification, working as a member of a large Project team, and enterprise level application development spanning two or more business areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of computer programming, testing, debugging, implementation and documentation.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skill (written, verbal, presentations).
- Excellent organization, analytical, planning and scheduling skills.
- Ability to resolve highly complex problems.
- Self-starter who can work with a large and diverse team of business, management and IT individuals.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.