Cognizant is hiring for "Application Support Analyst (Entry Level)" Interested candidates who are willing to relocate within the USA can apply. Relocation assistance will be provided
Note:“Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a “Green Card”) for this role.”
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Perform L1 Application Support services on a 24x7x365 basis globally.
• Monitor applications and be a key stake holder in Customer Incident and Change Management Process.
• Regularly perform data analysis to determine Customer’s program performance and identify areas of improvement
• Enter all incidents and service requests into Customer’s Service Management tool
• Assign incidents generated by monitoring tools to corresponding application and support teams using SOPs.
• Escalate and engage Incident Requests and Change Requests to respective application teams using escalation matrix.
• Communicate and correlate any events triggered during a change window to corresponding application teams to ensure application availability.
• Increase quality of work through streamlining of processes, reducing incident counts, innovating wherever/whenever possible, and through various other continuous improvement opportunities.
• The approved service management tool(s) (e.g., Remedy) will serve all specific incidents, changes and service requests. Any requests outside the approved tool(s) will be discussed and mutually agreed upon between Customer and Cognizant.
• Monitor services in “Dynatrace Synthetic” for availability and performance of applications.
• Good understanding of UNIX scripting
• Experience on batch scheduling
• Knowledge on tool monitoring
• Knowledge of Mainframe skills- JCL, MVS
• Knowledge on Tandem technology is added advantage
• Effective problem and troubleshooting skills.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
Knowledge of Omnibus, IPMon, Splunk or Dynatrace
Basic understanding of Oracle or any other relational database
Application Support Engineer / Analyst