Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., a national leader as a securities broker/dealer, has an opening in the Technology Department as a full time Application Support Analyst. The Application Specialist works under the direction of the Application Support Supervisor and specializes in various aspects of the Cambridge applications within the technology system. This role is responsible for Level 1 and Level 2 incident management and support requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Act as a primary contact for all incident management requests, interfacing with the CLIC Technology, Information Systems and Information Technology teams as needed
- Troubleshoot and research system issues not documented in the Knowledge Base
- Open and\or escalate tickets to the Information Systems and Information Technology departments for system issues related to job duties and responsibilities outside of the Application Support Team’s realm
- Develop an understanding of other company technology systems that interface or could be used with or to troubleshoot inbound inquires related to departmental systems
- Actively participate in all activities related to the Incident Management Process
- Responsible for the facilitation and creation of new Knowledge Base information and ensuring periodic reviews of the various documented procedures
- Review Level 2 support activities and determine if it can become a repeatable, documented process and transitioned into a Level 1 support activity
- Gather and assess user feedback to improve team-wide procedures and processes
- Develop and implement new procedures to make internal and external processes more streamlined
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.