Apex Systems, the Nation's 2nd Largest IT Staffing Firm, is looking for an Application Support Analyst for their Financial client in Downtown Pittsburgh. If you think you would be a fit, send your updated resume to Santo DeFrancesco at email@example.com with a good phone number and time to call. Thanks!
Application Support Analyst
Downtown Pittsburgh, PA
This position is Sunday - Thursday 11:00 AM EST - 7:00 PM EST
The role will cover incident management and reporting, production access and control, change management, disaster recovery and the day-to-day start of business readiness. The successful candidate will work with the head of North America Markets Technology to industrialize the production environment and processes around it. They will work closely with business lines to ensure systems are ready for business, handle any issues and maximize availability.
- This position will require the candidate to work Sunday - Thursday
- Ensure seamless and continual 24x6 global support for Markets applications
- Partner with application development and infrastructure to execute Markets technology’s future state vision
- Ensure systems delivered to production environments meet enterprise quality requirements
- Ensure the appropriate level of control and management is applied to the Markets production environment.
- Focus on maturing the support functions and improving resilience of internal and external applications used by the Markets business
- Seek opportunities to increase the quality of technology service delivered to the business
- Pro-actively prepare for planned maintenance over weekends, DR exercise and all major roll-outs
- Ensure logging of support incidents, hold Problem Review Meetings (PRMs) and track action items to closure * Identify and implement minimum standards for critical support functions (e.g. runbooks, monitoring, onsite/call-out support).
- Establish recovery scenarios and run recovery tests with critical support teams (e.g. recover corrupted database, re-run a batch or file extract)
- Carry out final stage testing and vendor version upgrades Desirable attributes:
A combination of the following technical skills is desirable:
- Prior experience in, implementing and supporting large-scale production systems
- Understanding of the Incident, Problem and Change process (ITIL)
- Strong technical skills on UNIX/Linux and Windows
- Good SQL skills
- Basic Java development
- Basic Python
- UNIX/Linux scripting
- Experience of using Jira
- Appreciation of operational risk
- Role involves regular escalation and coordination activities over evenings and weekends
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be flexible, enthusiastic
- Must possess excellent written and oral skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to problem solve
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178