- The Technical Lead, Application Support role is responsible for delivering maintenance and enhancement related tasks specific to one or more disciplines within the Engineering domain and providing hands on development to assist in delivering solutions in a timely manner within this international hospitality company.
- Partner with the Support Manager, Technical Leads, and development teams to develop work breakdown structures, assign tasks, and develop timelines that may be integrated into larger project plans.
- Working with technical resources, both onsite and offshore, and tracking activities against the timeline, proactively communicating status, issues and risks and coordinating activities with other Information technology groups (e.g., Operations, Technical Support etc.).
- Work directly with the Support Manager, Project Managers, and Product Managers to drive toward project timelines, and serve the overall project.
- May serve as the Engineering Technical lead on various capital initiatives, and/or will collaborate with strategic partners to integrate and deliver the projects on time.
- Work with the Manager to assess the project progress and raise risks, develop mitigation plans and collaborate with other groups such as architecture, business solutions, business stakeholders and strategic partners.
- Delivering maintenance and enhancement related tasks specific to one or more disciplines within the Engineering domain and providing hands on development to assist in delivering solutions in a timely manner.
- Minimum BS in Computer Science/Information Systems or related field and/or equivalent experience; Master's Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- 10+ years of related technical work experience in the implementation of complex, large scale, enterprise wide projects including analysis, design, development and delivery.
- 7+ years of experience in leading or managing complex, large scale, enterprise wide data integration service related projects.
- 8+ years of experience of core development and subject matter expertise in ecommerce, customer facing initiates.
- 2+ years of experience in budgeting, forecasting and resource management.
- Strong experience leading multi-site and/or off-shore development teams.
- Experience with various software development estimation techniques.
- Deep experience in Service Oriented Architecture design, development, governance, B2B integration and deployment using ESB.
- Experience with CDN (Akamai), AEM, DAM, AWS Cloud based technologies, WebLogic, Web2.0, NoSQL, etc.
- Must have experience with Java EE6 and current distributed application development technologies: Core Java, Spring, JSF, Rest APIs, Node.js, XML, Web Services, JDBC, HTTP/S protocols and DNS & SSL.
- Must have experience with EC2, Dynamo DB, Lambda, API Gateway, Kenisis and Cloud Security/Governance.
- Experience with Cross-Browser development and W3C Accessibility standards.
- Working experience of Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence.
- Investigate ecommerce analytics for changes in performance and usability, such as page load times, bounce rate, conversion and provide optimized solutions.
Knowledge and Skills
- Solid understanding of project management theory, industry best-practices, and trends.
- Advanced knowledge of the various SDLC methodologies and their respective advantages and trade-offs. Demonstrated ability to understand high level business requirements.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to audiences with varying levels of technical acumen.
- Solid understanding of project estimation methods.
- Ability to accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects, creating manageable objectives. and goals, and ensuring appropriate resource allocation.
- The ability to use interpersonal styles and communication methods to inspire and persuade others to commit to your way of thinking using a collaborative style.
- Intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
- Ability to make incisive and knowledgeable decisions in a timely manner.
- Identifies clear objectives for others and sets stretch goals; plans and structures work and appropriately distributes it to others.
- Builds trust by leading with integrity; is able to motivate others, manage conflict, and maintain composure in high-pressure situations.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without using formal authority; leads appropriately given the situation.
- Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets objectives and appropriately follows-up using various methods of feedback.
- Demonstrates perseverance to achieve/exceed goals and objectives; is able to push self and others towards achievement in an appropriate way.
- Ability to find common ground and bond with others; evoking trust and credibility easily.
- Negotiates skillfully with a broad range of groups and/or people; can balance directness with diplomacy; gains trust and maintains relationships while maintaining a stance.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing applications for Hospitality Industry preferred.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Prakash at 201-308-0009 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 4 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/