Apex Systems, the Nation's 2nd Largest IT Staffing Firm, is looking for an Application Support Engineer for their Financial client in Downtown Pittsburgh. If you think you would be a fit, send your updated resume to Santo DeFrancesco at email@example.com with a good phone number and time to call. Thanks!
Application Support Engineer
Downtown Pittsburgh, Pa
Primary work effort will focus on Platform Security and other related IT Platform Security projects, enhancements, and process improvements involving security technology platforms.
- Installation, configuration, monitoring and response to IT Security platforms.
- Develop and participate in the analysis, planning, design, implementation, and maintenance of software and 3rd party products pertaining to IT platform security environments (Active Directory, LDAP, Linux, Oracle, RSA, SQL Server, UNIX)
- Integrate new software and hardware into the current IT Security platforms.
- Support, refine and document the methodologies, processes, and procedures.
- Evaluate and develop approach to solutions
General Job Description:
- Maintains the effectiveness of enterprise-wide information security strategy including related programs, processes and initiatives.
- May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project.
- Assists in the development, implementation and enforcement of corporate-wide security policies, procedures and standards.
- Assists in consulting with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies and appropriate security architectures, practices and procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes more complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations produces advanced reports, analyses, findings, etc.
- Works closely with IT infrastructure and software engineering applications development to ensure integrity of security procedures, systems, and policies.
- Works with developers to ensure proper completion of all risk assessments within policy and procedures.
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for planning, creating, maintaining, and delivering user documentation, end-user manuals, training materials, tutorials.
- Responsible for monitoring reports, user requests, issue tracking
- Responsible for gathering, reporting, and delivering IT Security audit findings.
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management and Architecture.
- Understanding of IT Security protocols and standards
- Security/System Administrator skills.
- 2-5 years of experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Scripting and programming experience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to translate technical issues into appropriate audience language.
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178