About Matrix Precise:
Matrix Precise is a Technology Solutions Provider working with major corporations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Matrix Precise delivers a wide range of solutions from web and mobile application, development, infrastructure support, application support, production support to testing services for their clients. Matrix Precise provides very competitive pay packages, including health benefits, PTO and 401K.
Matrix Precise is looking for an Application Support Engineer with sharp analytical skills in supporting and maintaining a multi-layered business process management system.
This is a hybrid role combining technical and functional analyst in one. The ideal candidate will be someone who had been a developer and/or had extensive experience with SQL in the past and has turned into analytical role. This role offers a great opportunity to explore business processes and healthcare. This position would work with both business partners and our technical team to troubleshoot escalated issues, investigate and document root causes, as well as develop solutions and/or tracking resolution from other teams. This is a creative, deeply analytic, research and development role within the health care and clinical data management domain.
- Function as the primary point of contact for escalated system issues from second level business support
- Research/investigate/troubleshoot these areas, narrowing potential root cause down to data definition, algorithmic rules/logic, or application-level issues
- If problem is on the business (requirements) side, help business understand where requirements might need to change to achieve expected system behavior
- If problem is on the technical side, help technical team understand the problem so that technical changes can be made
Skills / Experience
- BS or equivalent experience in a technical discipline (programming, analysis, or other strong technical area)
- Substantive experience with SQL, with fluency to read and write SQL queries, and ability to understand the data model behind a complex system
- Ability to understand, trace, and detect logic errors in pseudocode
- Experience working with application development and support teams, demonstrating advanced level of business problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical individuals
- Ability to manage, drive, prioritize, perform and deliver multiple tasks simultaneously and with quality.
Nice to haves
- MS in a technical discipline
- Experience/comfort with procedural programming languages a plus (e.g. Java, C, C++) - this is *not* a programming job, but past experience/comfort in this area would make it much easier to handle the pseudocode (Domain Specific Language) encoding of clinical rules
- Experience in a health care setting or healthcare/IT setting
- Vacation/paid time off
- Vehicle Allowance
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee Referral Program
Application Support Engineer / Analyst