Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career sitehere.
Application System Technical Analyst-Staff is responsible for providing analysis, design, configuration, testing, implementation and support (technical and functional) of administrative, financial, or clinical information systems. Staff-level professional experienced in all aspects of healthcare related information systems. Encompasses full knowledge required within the configuration, installation, design, testing, implementation and maintenance of administrative, financial, or clinical information systems. Is able to function independently with minimal oversight and direction.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Under supervision, documents and recommends workflow changes and technical/functional designs needed to support the business requirements for common and moderately complex problems.
- 2. Under supervision, solves common and moderately complex issues, incidents, and problems according to agreed upon service levels and according to IS Standards. Collaboratively works with peers, internal and external stakeholders, and vendors.
- 3. Under supervision, configures, installs, implements, monitors and maintains systems with moderate complexity (applications, workflows, processes, etc.). Follows documentation standards.
- 4. Acquires and maintains a moderate understanding of the technical and functional architecture of assigned systems and integration.
- 5. Understands security and compliance requirements and complies with all policies and procedures of assigned systems.
- 6. Participates in the creation and management of project plans. Consistently meets agreed upon deadlines or escalates issues, concerns and barriers to key project leaders. Assists in the prioritization of tasks / assignments.
- 7. Under supervision, tests applications, systems and configurations for projects of moderate complexity and according to IS standards.
- 8. Participates and collaborates with key stakeholders in the training of peers, end-users, and other IS team members.
- 9. Participates in the development of training and knowledge based materials for use by peers, end-users and other IS team members.
- 10. Under supervision develops and implements communication plans to all stakeholder groups.
- 11. Consistently delivers an extraordinary customer experience when interacting with peers, end-users and others.
- 12. Maintains a moderate level of understanding of industry application /implementation methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full time position; M-F days
- Department: Office of Research, Intermountain Medical Center
- We are currently unable to sponsor candidates that require a visa.
- Bachelor's degree in an information technology, clinical, or healthcare (clinical or business) related field. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
or Four years of equivalent information systems, clinical, or clinical information system experience
- One year of experience providing analysis, design, configuration, implementation (technical and functional) and support of business/financial or clinical information systems.
or Three years of experience as an expert user of the targeted system(s) (e.g. PACs, Financial System, etc).
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other IT equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Experience consistently delivering an extraordinary customer experience when interacting with peers, end-users, and others.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills in English in a technical or healthcare environment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation.
- Experience in Research and Clinical Trials development, deployment and operations across multiple medical disciplines
- Experience administrating a CTMS
- Experience in Research billing and billing/Medicare compliance, CPT codes, etc.
- Experience in Research contracting, budgets and accounting
- Experience in excel, html, xml, R, JSON
- Experience utilizing APIs
- Experience facilitating and deploying system interfaces
- Experience in software systems administration, particularly in a research context
- Experience in large scale users support
- Experience in user training
- Experience in the Intermountain EMR and data warehouse
- Experience in database management
- Experience in SQL based data acquisition, reporting, and database development.
- Experience in developing Tableau reports and dashboards
- Experience in data analytics
- Experience in a clinical or research laboratory
- Experience in administering a laboratory information management system (LIMS)
- Experience in Clinical Conductor
- Experience in REDCap
- Experience in OpenClinica
- Experience in iCentra
- Experience in writing and managing SOPs.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Activation Date: Thursday, November 14, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2019