Under the supervision of the Information Technology (IT) Director, this position works closely with department and program representatives to develop, test, maintain, and support web-based and desktop applications, analyze and troubleshoot complex software problems and provide solutions to overcome those problems.
- Provides recommendations for application and system improvements using the latest technologies.
- Designs, codes and tests solutions for integrated systems.
- Diagnoses the nature and cause of problems involving computer programs and resolves the issue based on the diagnoses.
- Provides technical expertise and consultation regarding Information Technology (IT) applications and possible effects on system performance.
- Keeps skills current with the latest technology via continuous learning and training.
- Creates appropriate program and system documentation and keeps documentation updated as systems evolve.
- Prepares and presents system design proposals and technical specifications to users and staff.
- Monitors projects and deliverables and keeps users and staff informed of progress and issues via regular status reports.
- Listens and follows directives to ensure project delivery is customer-driven.
- Ensures proper integration with other computer systems.
- Coordinates work necessary to meet requirements.
- Development and maintenance of documentation.
- Provides training to department employees.
- Exercises considerable initiative and independent judgment in making technical decisions.
- Attends and participates in mandated meetings, trainings, workgroups and staff development trainings.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Location: Houston, Texas
Agency: Protective Services For Children and Adults