Application Systems Analyst Programmer (Expert)
Location: Springfield, IL or Dallas, Texas
WHO WE ARE:
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we've broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we're publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have nearly $12 billion in assets.
We're motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children's future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
As a leading insurance and financial services company focused on meeting the evolving need of public K-12 teachers, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including an Application Systems Analyst Programmer (Expert) within the Information Technology Division located in Springfield, IL or Dallas, Texas
In this position, you will have a key role in the design, development, testing, deployment and support of proprietary software applications. You will participate in the implementation of new applications and modifications to existing applications. Your main tools will consist of Microsoft .NET Framework, SQL and integrated system components.
* Develop and maintain high-quality software products that expand the Digital Capabilities of Horace Mann while supporting the strategic vision of the corporation.
* Support and comply with documented software process and procedure requirements, spanning all phases of software product life cycle.
* Participate with other team members to design user-friendly interfaces; develop high-quality, object-oriented business objects; and conduct research and evaluation of software-related technologies and products.
* Collaborate with other team members and assist with code reviews.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or a related field
* At least two (2) years of experience with .NET Framework development, C# and SQL Server
* An understanding and working knowledge in most of the following areas of development:
The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee's normal duties.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled