Analysis Group is one of the largest private economics consulting firms, with more than 1,000 professionals across 14 offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Since 1981, we have provided expertise in economics, finance, health care analytics, and strategy to top law firms, Fortune Global 500 companies, and government agencies worldwide. Our internal experts, together with our network of affiliated experts from academia, industry, and government, offer our clients exceptional breadth and depth of expertise.
The Applications Analyst is responsible for working within the applications team and with all AG departments to optimize business processes and support existing applications. This includes, but is not limited to, upgrading existing applications and implementing new applications, automating manual tasks, running periodic jobs, and developing new reports. The candidate will be involved in internally developed applications, assisting with the business analysis, development, testing, and deployment. This position is also responsible for resolving production problems and providing technical support.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential efficiency improvements to existing business processes.
- Implement vendor solutions with internal departments including vendor selection, requirements gathering, design, testing, and integration with existing systems.
- Design and develop improved methods for reporting and information sharing.
- Automate existing business and technical tasks, minimizing the amount of manual processes.
- Document application integration processes and participate in cross-training.
- Perform day-to-day administrative functions such as troubleshooting and end-user problem resolution for AG applications.
- Identify and learn appropriate applications, data, and processes used and supported by the firm.
- Facilitate testing, defect resolution, and user acceptance. Perform post-resolution analysis to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Work with users to understand requirements and application functionality/capabilities.
- Provide production support, documenting the problem solving process.
- Participate in the design, development and delivery of software applications and their training programs.
- Perform application administration/monitoring activities.
- Minimal travel to one or more AG offices may be required.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, and 6+ years of related work experience.
- Strong customer service skills and quick response time to internal and external requests.
- Strong, creative problem solving skills.
- Motivated self-starter and team player.
- Attention to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in professional services or legal industry a plus.
- SQL Server – Experience with stored procedures, Transact SQL, SSIS packages, Integration Services, and Reporting Services. SQL Server administration experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office – Strong understanding of Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with advanced features such as VBA, pivot tables, as well as integration with SQL Server and SharePoint.
- Experience with mobile application technology a plus.
- ERP – Experience reporting from and integrating applications with financial packages. Elite 3E experience a plus.
- CRM – Experience with integrating data from CRMs into other applications. InterAction experience a plus.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)