The mission of the Neurological Clinical Research Institute (NCRI) is to accelerate translational research in neurological disorders through initiating and testing novel therapies by custom-designing research protocols, by bringing efficacy strategies and infrastructure to clinical research and implementing observational and interventional clinical trials. To empower the NCRI on its mission, and to capture and manage information from clinical research, the Systems group of the NCRI develops, maintains and deploys several software platforms and programs. Working independently under minimal supervision of the Director of Systems of the NCRI, the Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist, Systems will:
· Be responsible for validation and quality assurance of the software platforms supported by the Systems;
· Develop test cases/scripts based on defined business/functional specifications and/or user cases;
· Introduce automated testing utilizing Selenium platform;
· Plan and execute test strategy, test plans, test scripts, and test data for software platforms;
· Identify and advocate for QA testing standards and processes;
· Assist for systems’ internal or sponsor -initiated audits.
The Neurological Clinical Research Institute is looking for a motivated team player with the ability to lead and provide high level of services while working on multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent technical writing and communication skills, as well as ability to work independently, take initiative and prioritize tasks are required.
· General Duties:
- Develop test cases/scripts based on defined business/functional specifications and/or user cases;
- Introduce automated testing utilizing Selenium platform for core and individual projects;
- Plan, estimate, create, and execute test strategy, test plans, test scripts, and test data for software platforms supported by the Systems;
- Perform system analysis of software applications to determine software quality assurance test plans;
- Identify and advocate QA testing standards and processes for the department;
- Execute test cases/scripts and accurately & concisely report both on progress and defect levels;
- Solicit improvement and new features requests from the NCRI personnel and external sponsors;
- Lead validation processes for the new releases of the systems;
- Document and establish best practices in systems utilization for the NCRI and department;
- Be responsible for establishing and maintaining libraries of disease-specific case report forms with validation proof;
- Support internal or sponsor -initiated audits.
· Supervisory duties:
- Coordinate personnel and efforts allocated to specific projects (priorities, schedules and tasks);
- Develop and implement training programs for Systems personnel;
- Oversee system support and track user-reported issues for the systems.
- Accepts responsibilities for special projects as requested.
BS degree is required;
One to three years of related working experience is required;
Working knowledge of Selenium platform is a must;
Working knowledge of systems used in clinical trials is a must;
Understanding of trial design, data management, and compliance with federal regulations issues is a must.
Knowledge of mathematics and algorithms applicable for QA is highly desirable;
Knowledge of data management or customer support is a plus;
Knowledge of PharmaENGINE™ system is a highly desirable;
Excellent technical writing skills;
Excellent self-organizational skills;
Ability to analyze issues and prioritize tasks is a must for this position;
Ability to handle multiple projects (multitasking) is essential;
Excellent written communication skills to solicit information and to create and deliver high quality technical documentation are required.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.MGH Main Campus02114Applications/Web Development