Constellium is a global sector leader that develops innovative, value-added and recyclable aluminum products for a broad scope of markets and applications, including aerospace, automotive and packaging. With 10,000 full-time employees, we operate more than 20 manufacturing sites in Europe, North America and China.
Constellium’s Bowling Green’s facility supplies advanced 5xxx and 6xxx alloys and provides aluminum coils and sheets for automotive applications such as closures inners, outers and body-in-white.
The Applications Engineerwill be responsible for developing and maintaining automotive body sheet applications in cooperation with customers and internal disciplines (marketing & sales, plant product & process development, quality and others) to ensure efficient implementation at the customer and CBG production sites.
- Responsible for the introduction of new products to the market, from qualification to early trials, in close connection with the CBG product and process engineering
- Develops automotive sheet applications cooperating with customers and in accordance with the CBG growth strategy, from alloy selection to packaging requirements
- Coordinates all the activities to fulfill prototype and pre-series events material demands
- Balance the inputs from customers, suppliers, and internal disciplines at all stages of the product cycle, from SOP to phase out
- Manage customer quality and delivery performance expectations during the trial and pre-series development events
- Guides the customer in the selection of the best product for each application, from alloy and temper, to blank size and orientation, to lubricant and packaging
- Coordinates with CBG supply chain, product, process and quality engineering the launching of specific products and takes actions to ensure that the supply of material to prototype and pre-series events is met according to customer requirements
- Responsible for the APQP process
- Acts as a conduit of customer needs and trends to the product development and market development CBG and its parent companies’ disciplines
- Assist as a technical expert in the problem resolution at customer sites
- This job requires around 50% travel time to customers, outside service providers and Constellium sheet production facilties
- Mechanical, Metallurgical or Material Science engineering degree required, with a strong command of fundamentals
- Experience in sheet stamping or other metal forming operations preferred
- Strong multidisciplinary organization skills, balancing customer needs with the pace of internal product development
- Fluent English is required, additional languages a plus