Power-Packer engineers and manufactures a robust and innovative line of hydraulic position and motion control products that have become the gold standard in excellence for tilting, latching, leveling, lifting and stabilizing systems used in many of today’s most demanding markets. A majority of Power-Packer hydraulic components and systems are custom designed to meet precision specifications. Power-Packer serves customers throughout the world, including OEMs and Tier 1s in diverse end-markets. To best meet the needs of a global customer base, company headquarters are strategically located in the United States and The Netherlands, with support from manufacturing plants in the U.S., The Netherlands, Turkey, Mexico, Brazil, China and India. Power-Packer also includes Yvel, a manufacturer of latches located in France.
Power-Packer is wholly owned by Enerpac Tool Group. Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
Job Title: Applications Engineer
Location:Menomonee Falls, WI
Summary – basic function of the role
The Application Engineer operates as the bridge between the end user and the Power Packer organization, including engineering, product management, sales and customer service providing technical support and application expertise as required. The candidate will have a fundamental understanding of selling of differentiated products and solutions into the industrial marketplace. Traveling independently, or with other Territory Sales Managers (TSM’s), the Application Engineer will have the unique capability to recognize end users’ needs and recommend products or system solutions to fulfill those needs. The position is responsible for confirming specifications, standards, and/or changes in design and communicating those requirements through to the product management team in order to delivers new or improved products.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expert application support in the form of system integration and product use to customers, Territory Sales Managers and Customer Service personnel.
- Recommend and/or confirm product application fitness for use
- Act as liaison with the sales teams to ensure specifications and customer requirements are fully understood.
- Support Territory Sales Managers with customer site visits, sales presentations, application verification and technical recommendations.
- Assist the sales team with technical support to allow them to manage customer projects from initial request to final delivery. Ensure proper solution is quoted and will fit customer applications.
- Gain a thorough understanding of Power Packer’s key markets, and the applications within them.
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise on existing products, and rapidly develop expertise on new products. This includes application, operation and design knowledge.
- Recommend new product ideas and existing product modifications to product management team that will serve to grow sales and expand end user reach.
- Assure technical information in Engineering Service Request (ESR’s) are complete, up-to-date, and contain latest scope charges and that business case remains vibrant.
Skills and Competencies
- Job requires the ability to influence across multiple business areas including sales, business development, and with the end customer directly to facilitate and gather technical information about the client's needs.
- Requires in-depth technical aptitude, strong data analysis and communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving or “solutions seeking” approach to provide a high level of technical expertise in a prompt and timely fashion to sell and support the sale of hydraulic equipment and services and deliver customer service to exceed customer needs.
- Decision Making
- Drive for Results
- Continuous Improvement
- Effective Communication
- Proficient at working independently and as part of a team environment
- Proficient technical writing skills
- Ability to delegate less complex tasks to Customer Service Representatives while maintaining oversight and guidance as necessary
- Ability to accept, handle, manage, and respond to RFQs, orders, and questions from customers
- Strong math skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in interpreting mechanical drawing and dimensioning convention is required.
- Familiar with new product development and product lifecycle management processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required. Mechanical engineering preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar position. Hydraulic experience a plus.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and prior experience utilizing those skills in customer facing positions
- Excellent comprehension and mathematical skills, and the capacity to facilitate teamwork across departments.
- Must be detail-oriented and capable of performing analytical tasks.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- North American travel approximately 30% – 50%
Position will be in an office environment with notable time spent in our manufacturing and assembly operations. Travel to customer offices or site visits will be routine.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Actuant offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Choose opportunity – choose Actuant!
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer