It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!The role of the application engineer is to support domestic and international distribution channels in the preparation of quotations and technical proposals. We process inquires by creating a proposal package for customers for assigned products. This position is based in Arvada, CO.
- Support the distribution channels, fielding technical product and application questions
- Review inquiries to understand goals of the project, customer needs, and specifications to develop a quote strategy and scope of supply
- Prepare technical proposals complete with data sheets, performance curves, lube systems, seal systems and other auxiliary systems
- Collaborate with internal departments assisting in quotation and proposal development
- Technical support answering question regarding the proposal, modify proposals as needed, and participate in pre-award technical discussions to close orders
- Review customer purchase orders ensuring compliance with quoted equipment and specifications
- Transfer job with all applicable data to project management after order is received. Participate in a handoff meeting and act as a technical advisor as appropriate throughout the job.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel
- Experience working in a team valuing communication, participation and involvement of others
- Knowledge and understanding of centrifugal compressors and pumps – experience with rotating equipment - fluid handling
- Demonstrated knowledge working with detailed specifications supporting general industry applications
- Mechanical training and aptitude Ability to deliver exemplary customer service to both external and internal customers
- Self-directed working both independently and collaboratively with other team members Interface with vendors as needed to quote appropriate equipment
- Ability to work well under pressure within a reactive type role
- Flexibility to work multiple projects at varying stages of completion and multitask Perform continuous improvement projects as identified Position may require travel to support sales channel and customers (less than 5%)
- BS degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related field
- Equipment packaging and project management experience are a plus 5-7 years working within an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience with rotating equipment, specifically those defined by American Petroleum Institute (API) (Preferred)
- MS Office Suite