Country:United States of America
Location:HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Conducts pre-sale and post-sale support activities that involves identification of customer product needs (e.g. bill of material identification and generation, on-vehicle system surveys, product drawing generation, system integration, requirements compliance, system certification, etc). Conducts feasibility and performance studies and analyses. Provides technical support for activities related to engineering and system applications. Provides technical advice regarding products to customers. Completes technical documents including trip reports, system survey reports, customer required deliverables, certification reports, and white papers. Liaise with business development and customer assurance for sales contract administration. Serves as the Voice of the Customer (VOC) to other internal Kidde engineering disciplines for new product development opportunities for future ground vehicle product releases. Work as a key member of a cross functional team to ensure the proper technical solution and customer satisfaction.
Provide technical support for customer engagement on design, application & integration of military ground vehicle fire / explosion protection systems. Performs all technical activities and processes related to contractual exchange of products and services with customer organizations. Serves as the Voice of the Customer (VOC) to other internal Kidde engineering disciplines for system integration, new product development, developmental part deliveries, production part approval, and market development activities for future ground vehicle product releases.
- Overall technical support for customer engagement on new and existing vehicle platforms.
- Attend organization training seminars to become more familiar with product and system design to be able to provide technical advice to customers.
- Utilizes applicable design tools effectively (CAD, Spreadsheets, Schematics, Presentations.) to Technically communicate with customer based peers.
- Engages with customers (engineers, program managers, procurement) to assess system requirements and understand the customer needs.
- Overall responsible for vehicle fire / explosion protection system design and application through the generation of bill of materials and associated drawing releases to support new platform builds
- Completes on-vehicle certifications and approvals meeting Kidde installation requirements.
- Assists in the creation of sales materials such as bidding documents, engineering samples, customer presentations, and customer support sales to increase their core competitiveness.
- Participates in understanding customer's business and to be able to speak their language to determine their needs.
- Provides technical documents including memo reports, compliance reports, drawings, system design descriptions, customer required deliverable reports, and technical drawings/schematics.
- Able to communicate effectively on technical matters.
- Able to work under deadlines to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Established engineering professional (mechanical or electrical desired), with technical aptitude to learn fire / explosion detection and suppression system design and applications. Provide pre sales expertise to help identify customer needs for sales teams. Makes independent decisions to ensure support of sales teams is effective and efficient. Serves as the Voice of the Customer (VOC) to other internal Kidde engineering disciplines for new product development activities for future ground vehicle product releases.
- Ability to support domestic and international travel
- Candidates for this role should possess a Requires theoretical knowledge typically obtained through University Degree.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree or three years of prior relevant experience.
- Early Career engineer (mechanical or electrical desired) with prior experience on electro-mechanical systems. Familiarity with vehicle systems is a plus.
- Works autonomously with limited supervision. Self motivated.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms