As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutionsin all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
Bruker Daltonics has an opening for an Application Scientist in our Billerica, MA office.
The successful candidate shall champion the Bruker range of Proteomics focused Mass Spectrometry products through expert scientific support of sales activities, demonstration, collaborative work and presentation. He or she creates an unrivalled reputation for the company through Training and Support of existing customers, andhelps drive product commercialization, promotion andtechnical marketing activities.
- Delivers high quality pre sales demonstrations on Bruker's high resolution accurate mass spectrometers(e.g. QTOF LC/MS) with a focus inthe Proteomicsmarket.
- Conducts high level presentation of the instruments and capability at conferences and to potential customers.
- Preparesproposal and organization of user meetings and other scientific marketing exercises.
- Providesexpert support of sales staff on customer visits, either in person or viawebex
- Performsscientific work with prospective customers to generate interest,justification and relationship prior to sale
- Conductsdemonstration of instrumentation and bioinformatics software.
- Responsible for scientific assistance of customers, including site visits andtelephone and webex support to ensure success of Bruker's Proteomics Mass Spectrometry products in customer labs.
- Providessupport for the other application scientists and engineers.
- Ensurescontinual awareness of developments in the field of Proteomics includingattendance and presentations at scientific conferences.
- Develop key applications and collateral in Proteomics markets
Education and/or Experience:
- PhD in Chemistry, Life/Analytical Science or equivalent experience in industry.
- Must have at least 2 years of hands-on experience running Nano-LC.
- Considerable expertise in Mass Spectrometry applications and high resolutionaccurate mass (HRAM) LC-MS/MS techniques.
- Hands-on experience with Bruker QTOF LC-MS/MS instruments and software is a big plus
- A wide understanding of applications in Proteomics and its role in the post-genomic era including biomarker validation and clinical relevance.
- Essential to have experience with MS Office. Experience with Bruker software products or other proteomics LC-MS data processing software would be beneficial.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current valid driving license and passport.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- A very high degree of scientific credibility and ability to discuss and persuade at an academic level.
- Passionate and dynamic, highly committedtodeliverabes.
- Self-motivation is essential as is a willingness to work with others toward a shared goal.
- Well organized and able to decide priorities in a rapidly changing commercial environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel as some travel will be required.