This is a full-time, permanent position we are placing at CRISP, Maryland's state-wide health information exchange. The successful candidate will lead our applications team, overseeing our operational systems and environment.
The Applications Team lead will be responsible for leading the Application Support team which supports, monitors, and implements CRISP’s applications, APIs, and their underlying infrastructure. The Team Lead will implement processes and metrics to help drive the availability and sustainability of CRISP’s core offerings. The Team Lead will work with other internal CRISP teams and external vendors to develop standards and processes for operational support, implementations and deployments, and monitoring and availability. The Team Lead will help to drive a goal-oriented team geared towards incremental improvement of CRISP’s environments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implementation of processes between development and operations teams to support critical infrastructure
- Maintains the availability of all Tier-1 production systems including applications and APIs
- Implementation and improvement of current monitoring capabilities to detect and resolve problems
- Development of quality metrics to drive incremental improvement and define operational excellence
- Management of team workload to set expectations with Internal and External customers
- Planning of future architecture to support infrastructure growth and maintainability
- Maintain compliance with privacy & security requirements in accordance with CRISP policy
- Train and teach members of CRISP staff when necessary
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to create and understand technical documentation
- Ability to define, document, and implement process among multiple teams
- Experience with cloud platforms and architecture, specifically Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrates a sense of ownership or responsibility for responsible systems and their uptime
- Provide outstanding, customer service focused assistance to all internal and external customers
- Outstanding communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with both a technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to evaluate and solve complex problems and issues.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree required in computer science or information systems.
- Experience or Masters level education with Java or other programming languages
- Understanding of Healthcare Integrations via experience or education, preferred
- Healthcare IT experience preferred
- Experience with PaaS and SaaS cloud environments, preferably Microsoft Azure
- Experience defining and implementing process, preferably along ITIL guidelines