Wayfair is seeking exceptional economists to join our team. Causal inference, tightly coupled with principled experimentation, are essential to driving the decision making algorithms that power our core business. We build our systems from the ground up with economic fundamentals in mind.
What You'll Do
- Implement a general equilibrium approach to pricing optimization in a complex, two sided market.
- Measure the demand response to various promotional treatments, using both observational and experimental methods.
- Boost premium shelf space profitability through mechanism design, including supplier auctions and assortation algorithms.
What You'll Need
- Ph.D. in Economics.
- Excellent empirical research and a track record of success, with the ability to tackle difficult empirical problems.
- Appetite for collaborating in a highly interdisciplinary environment with other social scientists, computer scientists, statisticians, operations researchers, and engineers.
- Passionate about communicating and visualizing complex material in a concise and precise way.
- Strong statistics background including fluency with Python or R.
- Backgrounds in applied microeconomics, applied microeconomic theory, industrial organization, labour economics, econometrics, experimental economics, or behavioral economics are preferred.