BUSSER/ SERVER ATTENDANT
Who we are:
We love what we do and what we do is important! We believe that everyone should leave feeling better – this means not just our guests, but also our teammates. Everyone should go home feeling better because they learned something new, or had fun working that day. Therefore, we hire unique individuals who work together to create amazing experiences for our guests. We recognize that every member of the team contributes to the success of the whole hotel. No-one is more important than anyone else, and unless we are in it together, we can’t create that special experience for our guest.
Should you decide to accept it…
Support the food and beverage operation of the outlet through timely bussing and resetting of tables, running food and beverages, engage in polite, responsive and timely interaction with guests and coworkers including basic menu descriptions, in addition to other responsibilities as directed by server or supervisor while maintaining a positive attitude that contributes to the team environment.
In addition, if you consider yourself a hospitality professional and have a passion for making people happy with your special skills, then this job is surely for you! If you can communicate, coordinate and work well with other teammates in serving our guests, then you will have a successful career with us. Most of all, we want you to have FUN since you play a huge role in creating that memorable guest experience!
What exactly you will be doing…
In helping you understand your role in working for a world class organization, the following is a list of your essential job responsibilities. Please keep in mind that this list is not all inclusive and that you may be asked to perform other job tasks by your supervisors/managers not listed below in the constant quest to provide “out of this world” customer service experience for our guests:
· Support server by running food and drinks as instructed by teammates including culinary, server, bartender, supervisor, etc.
· Maintain a clean, hygienic and organized work environment including stocking of supplies, polishing cutlery/glassware, folding napkins, cleaning menus, sanitizing tables, etc.
· Clear tables, carry plates to dishwashing area
· Execute fabulous guest service
· Prepare basic, non-alcoholic beverages such as coffee, water, iced tea, etc.
· Explain basic details of food dishes and beverages at time of delivery to guests
What qualities are we looking for?
You got skills? If you are able to perform the following, then you have come to the right place…
· Lift and carry 30 lbs, carry and balance plates, cocktail tray on a regular and frequent basis
· Stand for periods of 8-10 hours
· Work with others like a rock star, while keeping the guests and teammates the focus
· Ability to communicate clearly in verbal and written English
· Comply with all safety and health department procedures, as well as, all state and federal laws
· Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per hotel standards
· Bend, squat and stretch in areas of limited space to perform cleaning, organization and other duties
· Adhere to hotel policies including but not limited to attendance, safety, behavior
· Ability to work a flexible schedule
· Current, legal and unrestricted ability to work in The United States
· High school or equivalent education required.
· Food Service Handler Card and TABC certification that is currently valid for a minimum of at least 6 months
· Preferred: 1-2 years’ experience in a full service hospitality establishment
VIRGIN HOTELS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE LOVE DIVERSITY