Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2,200 professionals in 55 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than three decades of consulting to public sector clients to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
The Apprentice Business Analyst will work as an integral part of a dynamic team along with peers and senior staff. This individual will support multiple projects, primarily facilitating both statewide Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and school based annual Medicaid cost settlement efforts for state health Medicaid agencies, while serving as a primary client contact on these engagements. S/he must produce quality work, meet client goals and expectations, and develop solutions to client problems in a timely manner. Must be able to draw sound conclusions based on data analysis and communicate findings effectively, both in person and in writing.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Facilitating statewide Medicaid Redesign initiatives in a team environment;
- Gathering and analyzing various types of data;
- Defining, documenting, and improving business processes;
- Conducting policy and other research;
- Providing project management support to colleagues and supervisors;
- Preparing and presenting written/verbal status reports for clients;
- Coordinating project requirements and client expectations;
- Preparing, managing, and documenting daily correspondence, written, verbal and e-mail, to clients and their stakeholders;
- Participating on proposal development teams, including writing sections, coordinating efforts and preparing proposal submissions; and
- Other responsibilities, as necessary.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational, research, presentation, time management, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills;
- Intellectual curiosity, enthusiasm, and eagerness to learn;
- Ability to take initiative, and move daily work forward;
- Detail-oriented, problem solving approach to business issues;
- Ability to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes;
- Good judgment in prioritizing and completing tasks, and in seeking guidance, when needed;
- Commitment to exceptional client service and contribute in a team environment;
- Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management, and accountable for results;
- Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients; and
- Ability to see the big picture while working at the detailed level to move projects forward within specific timeline and budget.
- Bachelor's Degree;
- High Proficiency in Microsoft applications, in particular Excel.
- Familiarity with Medicare and/or Medicaid policies and procedures;
- Prior experience working with health insurers, hospitals, or state health agencies;
- Core interest in health care, government, or public policy;
- General knowledge or experience in business administration, state and local government, health insurance payment systems (particularly Medicaid).