DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Must be able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Work outdoors throughout the year and during inclement weather
- Work any shift as assigned according to the needs of the business
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to complete work as required in a craftsmen like manner in conformance with requirements of local building and NEC codes.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Be a self-starter, have a strong work ethic, and good time management skills and service experience is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as one-line drawings, blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability work independently and apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
DISH Technologies is seeking an Apprentice Electrician to install and maintain electrical equipment at our Englewood, CO facility.
This will be an entry level position, we are looking for 1+ years of experience.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Inspects and tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using testing instruments such as ammeter, ohmmeter, and voltmeter.
- Complete daily maintenance checks and work assignments, general duties include using power tools for the installation of motors, transformer, lighting fixtures, cable tray and complete circuits according to diagram specifications and Blue Prints.
- Additional duties include sweeping, mopping, painting, mowing, dry wall repair and other facilities maintenance tasks as assigned
- Complete work as required in a craftsman like manner in conformance with requirements of local building and NEC codes.
- Replaces faulty switches, sockets and other elements of electrical system.
- Mounts motors, transformers, and lighting fixtures onto positions and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
This role will be required to perform snow removal on sidewalks and other travelled areas around the property.
Will work within a preventative maintenance program on a range of equipment to include motors, pumps, fans, air handlers and other mechanical equipment.