The position of Apprentice Plumber is critical in the development of a workforce with lifelong skills in new construction plumbing with a focus on delivering first time quality, working safety, living the company culture, and code compliance as they learn the trade.
- Accurately build and install complete plumbing systems showcasing a clear understanding of all types of plumbing fittings
- Studiously learn the necessary aspects of drain, waste, vent (DWV), water systems, and other aspects including but not limited to setting of tubs and installation of plumbing fittings and fixtures
- Accurately manage materials needed for various projects
- Steadily accumulate knowledge of basic tools required for plumbing work (soldering, cutting, and notching) and be able to put that knowledge into use within thirty (30) days
- Precisely and regularly maintain a clean and organized jobsite
- Thoughtfully follow directions and processes given by crew leaders and supervisors
- Dependably maintain excellent attendance and punctuality to adhere to work schedule
- Collaboratively participate in daily team huddle meetings
- Carefully work to ensure adherence to safety and quality of work standards
- Steadily improve both quality and speed over time
- Consistently live out company core values daily
- Enthusiastically motivated to learn the plumbing trade
Training / Education (25%)
- Attentively attend mechanical skills plumbing school
- Reliably complete on the job training (OJT) sheets as required
- Diligently participate in and successfully graduate from the LAUNCH training program
ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES
- Build something that matters
- Do what’s right; be honest and fair
- Build strong relationships
- Share in the company successes
- Process Driven – Works “by the book” and follows processes step by step to complete duties
- Accurate – Performs all duties with precision and skilled expertise to ensure high quality
- Team Oriented – Respects and seeks direction from leaders and accommodates the needs of the team
- Reliable – Consistently completes work on pace and without error
- Technical Specialist – Works within well-defined parameters with a laser focus on excellent output
- Exposed to outdoor weather conditions including rain, humidity, snow, wind, cold, and heat.
- The environment may include very loud noises, working near mechanical and moving parts, working at various heights, and small, awkward, confining work space.
- There is the possibility of inhalation of fumes and airborne particles as well as risk of electrical shock and vibrations.
- Must be able to do the following activities for most of the workday: stand, walk, use hands or fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, see, talk and hear.
- Must be able to climb or balance regularly.
- Near constant lifting or carrying of items of various weight, typically up to 10 pounds most of the day. Capable of lifting at least 100 pounds on occasion.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
HOW YOUR PERFORMANCE WILL BE EVALUATED
- Quality and Quantity of work
- Customer and RTM partner satisfaction
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only activities to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities requested by their supervisor.
- Motivated work ethic
- Clear verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with and learn from a team
- Basic mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Ability to read, write, and interpret reports and documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to problem solve independently
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Maintain attendance at Mechanical Skills or other approved plumbing apprentice school) and maintain a Plumbing Apprentice license