Forward Final Mile is a proud partner of Forward Air Inc. Our mission is simple: first class service and best-in-class performance. We remain focused on our guiding principles: excellence, innovation and integrity. We deliver and make connections to consumers by replacing their home appliances, including dishwashers, refrigerators, microwave ovens, washers and dryers.
As an industry leader - we are dedicated to finding and developing the best people. We want individuals who share our core values and demonstrate a true passion for what we do. Forward Air offers excellent compensation and benefits packages to our employees, as well as tremendous growth opportunities for top performers.
Position: Plumber Apprentice
Forward Final Mile is looking for a looking for a Plumber Apprentice. You will diagnose, repair, and replace a variety of plumbing systems and fixtures while providing excellent customer service. The Plumber Apprentice should have basic understanding of blue print reading, measurement, and layout of pipe configurations, and be familiar with basic terminology of pipe sizes, fittings and related tools and equipment.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- Test plumbing fixtures to detect and locate leaks
- Ability to delivery and install basic appliances
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves and appliances such as dishwashers
- Repair and maintain plumbing and replace or mend broken pipes
- Must be able to set fixtures, measure and cut pipe
- Keep records of assignments and produce work reports
- Deliver exceptional customer service to ensure customer satisfaction
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to ninety (90) pounds
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong leadership and planning ability
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize work load and manage time
- Identifies and resolves problems. Demonstrates attention to detail
- Highly dependable, punctual, and efficient
- Provides timely and professional support to all internal/external customers and vendors
- Effective organization and leadership skills
- General computer skills - Microsoft Office, Outlook, AS400
Forward Air is an Equal Opportunity employer.