This position is responsible for conducting safe and effective aquatic classes, as well as inform and motivate new and current members on the benefits of regular exercise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute and comply with procedures as outlined in the swim instructor manual
- Teach safe and effective classes, according to guidelines and description.
- Support, assist, motivate, and retain all members
- Promote all classes and events internally and externally
- Attends all staff and club meetings and events
- Coordinate replacement sub if unable to teach assigned class, per supervisors’ approval
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with members and staff
- Ensures that all required documentation (daily reports, checklists, etc.) are completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations
- Present a professional demeanor at all times when representing the Genesis Health Clubs
- Participate in regular exercise programs
- Provide input in developing strategies to support club goals and objectives
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members
- Available to work weekends and evenings and holidays
- Must hold current CPR certification
- Ability to work well with others
- Customer service abilities
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to communicate with guests and other associates, including reading, writing, and speaking