The Arborist performs difficult and specialized skilled work leading a crew to perform utility trimming, removal, and right of way clearing in order to provide adequate clearance for the safe operation of the job site electric distribution system, while maintaining customers' trees through proper industry standards.
- Drives and operates an aerial lift truck and uses it to prune and remove large trees often in close quarters near buildings, vehicles and around high voltage wires.
- Studies all hazardous trees that must be removed and ensures that they are removed in a way to preserve surrounding and maintain natural aesthetics in the affected area.
- Explains concerns and negotiates hazard tree removal with customers.
- Prunes trees to remove live and dead limbs providing clearance around electric system lines, using chain saws, pole saws, pruners, ropes and hand pruners; works to prune in such a way as encourage growth away from lines while maintaining health of the tree.
- Clears right of way routes for the installation of new electric line extensions
- Disposes of the brush and limbs cleared from the site and ensures site is clean at the end of the work assignment.
- Practices proper industry standards, hazard assessment and safe removal techniques, proper maintenance of tools and equipment and operational safety with tools and equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of arboriculture and utility trimming.
- Considerable knowledge of tree growth, structure and defects, of species and growth rates, and of pesticides use and application.
- Considerable knowledge of traffic laws and regulations and work zone safety rules applicable to the work and equipment operations.
- Knowledge of the use and care of all tools, equipment, and supplies used in right of way maintenance work.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions involved in power line work.
- Ability to make work assignments and supervise the work of other employees.
- Ability to operate and maintain forestry/arboricultural/electric utility vehicles.
- Ability to operate chain saws, hand saws, pole saws, pole pruners and hand pruners.
- Ability to stay current with new technologies in arboricultural practice and safety standards.
- Ability to read and interpret work orders and organize work flow of each job.
- Ability to climb poles and trees safely and work efficiently.
- Ability to work in close proximity to high voltage lines and to take precautionary measures to avoid accidents.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Education and experience equivalent to an associate's degree in arboriculture, horticulture or urban forestry.
- Considerable experience with tree trimming around power lines and utility right of way standards; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 3+ years of experience with utility right of way trimming around power lines
- ISA (International Society of Arboriculture) certified Arborist and ISA certified utility specialist.
Salary is very competitive and commensurate with experience. Full benefits included!!!
About our Search Firm:
Scion Staffing is an award winning staffing firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms in California. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionstaffing.com or in the 2010-2019 Business Times list of top staffing firms.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applications with arrest and conviction records.See Job Description