About the opportunity
Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
Our Arlington, TX or Tulsa, OK offices offer a unique work environment and specializes in cultural resources and natural resources.
Your role will be to lead crews in support of permitting for oil and gas, solar, DOT, transmission, and renewable energy projects. You should be able to travel frequently.
What you will accomplish
- Supervising and leading a crew while conducting archaeological monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery.
- Communicating with Field Directors, Project Managers, and GIS staff through regular, scheduled field status reports.
- Participating in technical research and writing and data QA/QC for reporting efforts.
- Assisting with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units
Experience and qualifications for success
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology, Archaeology or a closely related field required
- 2 years of experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring
- 1 year of leadership experience, overseeing a team
- Completed accredited field school (course work) experience or work experience
- Ability to be listed on federal and state cultural resource permits in Texas
- This position is not available for US work sponsorship
- This position is not available for relocation benefits
- Ability to travel to a location 90% of the time
- Ability to walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required.
- Must have a valid drivers license and clean driving record.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.