Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking Archaeological Field Technicians to join our team in Columbia, SC to support our Cultural Resources group. Ideal candidates will have at least a Bachelor of Arts (or Science) degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a related field and a minimum of one year of CRM fieldwork experience.
- Identify cultural material in the field and laboratory.
- Conduct archaeological field work, including survey, shovel testing, and excavation.
- Take comprehensive notes and complete archaeological forms.
- Able to navigate along a transect line using a compass.
- Physically capable of performing 8 hours physical labor outdoors in all weather conditions, including digging, walking long distances, and carrying equipment on time sensitive projects.
- Work independently and as part of a team to achieve project goals.
- Travel/field work usually in Southeast U.S.
Skills / Qualifications
- B.A./B.S. or Masters in archaeology, anthropology, or equivalent.
- One or more years experience in archaeological field work, ideally in CRM.
- Experience and understanding the identification, documentation, and recording required to conduct archaeological surveys.
- Experience using GPS technology.
- Strong technical writing and communications skills. Able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with management, staff, and landowners.
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Flexible to work outside normal business hours and overtime, as needed.
- Ability to work well in a team environment with a willingness to follow detailed instructions and learn new skills.
- Ability to execute field tasks and operate independently at times.
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.