SWCA has an opportunity for Archaeological Field Technicians who will assist the Field Director and Project Team in completing archaeological pedestrian surveys, construction monitoring, and other field or office tasks. You will assist with GPS data collection using Trimble units and/or Tablets, coordinate with contractors in the field, and communicate with the Team through daily reporting of field activities. You should be available to work full-time on an as-needed basis.
Our Pasadena office offers a unique work environment and specializes in Cultural Resources Management and Environmental Compliance.
Conduct archaeological fieldwork including monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery. Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble and Tablet units.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field with at least six (6) months field experience in California using a range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring required
- An accredited Field School Certification is required
- Knowledge of ArcPad and/or Tablet functions is a plus
- Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads required
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.