Benco's Architectural Designer will deliver world class design to Benco customers by carrying out the Benco Design Philosophy.
The Experience We Are Looking For:
- Liaise with Benco Dental Equipment Specialist to clearly define project parameters, gather all necessary existing condition and program information and identify customer expectations and timeline. Set space constraint expectations as needed.
- Conduct schematic planning that meets patient, staff and public zone requirements, seamlessly incorporates dental equipment functionality and ergonomics, and optimizes staff workflow and patient experience.
- Interface with Benco Dental customers virtually and via in-person customer experience trips to our CenterPoint Showroom to ensure results are aligned with expectations.
- Prepare dental construction documents that include equipment, electrical, plumbing and carpentry details necessary for successful layout and connection outcomes.
- Seek and maintain extensive knowledge of core dental equipment lines for incorporation into designs by researching and engaging with manufacturer representatives.
- Collaborate with Interior Design team members to ensure that plans and design concepts allow for code requirements and equipment functionality.
- Participate in peer reviews for all design deliverables.
- Communicate design team expectations and requirements to Benco’s Equipment Specialist team in order to ensure design accuracy and a positive customer experience.
- Understand and apply Herman Miller product lines at reception, office and consult spaces; participate in Herman Miller product training.
- Occasional travel up to 10%; site visits with customers when requested.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum Associate’s Degree or equivalent in Architecture or Architectural Drafting from an accredited college.
- 2+ years of architectural design experience preferred, prior dental planning experience a plus but not required.
- Use creativity and solution-focused Design Thinking to develop innovative solutions that inspire customers to think bigger and drive dentistry forward.
- Actively participate in a culture of continuous improvement. Peer-to-peer learning and reviews, design charrettes, critiques and candid collaboration are essential.
- Balance creative and technical tasks and transition seamlessly between them. Work within established design time parameters to ensure the profitability of design fees.
- Apply basic building codes and accessibility requirements.
- Fluent in AutoCAD; AutoCAD Architecture and Revit experience a plus.
- 3D rendering a plus, using platforms such as Revit, Sketchup or 3DS Max.
- Adobe experience a plus.
Why join our team?
- Excellent compensation package, including a flexible benefits plan, a paid time off plan and a generous 401 (k) retirement plan
- Annual Profit Sharing
- Medical, Dental, Vision effective Day 1
- We drive dentistry forward by leveraging innovative solutions and our caring family culture.
- #19 Best Companies to Work for in Health Care
If you enjoy working for a progressive company that is growth minded and values customers & associates we encourage you to learn more about our Benco family. We are looking for driven professionals who want to play a key role in our future success.
Who We Are: It’s our mission to deliver success smile after smile.
Benco Dental is the largest privately owned, full-service dental distributor in the United States and has remained in the family since 1930—a family that now includes our more than 30,000 customers and over 1,400 associates in 45 states.
We provide more supply and equipment options than any other full-service distributor; including office design, equipment repair, practice coaching, financing and project management, wealth management and dental-specific technology solutions. These services are supported by over 400 professionally trained sales representatives and 300 factory-trained service technicians.